• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2017 Regular Season OT - 108 years in the making

Status
Not open for further replies.
I appreciate Adrian taking one for the team and admitting he's hurt. A lot of players would of hid that. We'd need him in Sept, Oct.

Btw you watching the 30 for 30?

Nah I missed the first part. Just moved and no DVR. They usually hit Netflix pretty quick after their air so I'm waiting for that.

BigAT

7HYX0XF.jpg

Looks like the 'Stros will split the series with the Rangers. Not bad considering half of the Astros are on crutches in the DL

edit: my bad its just a 3 game series

Line_HTX

Completely and utterly destroyed the Rangers with a 9 run inning on Francis Martes and Derek Fisher's debuts. Keep Fisher in the lineup please, lmao

zulux21

heh if the white sox lose their next two games everyone in the AL east will be .500 or above :p

hopefully both the yankees and red sox will go on an extended losing streak for a fun competition where every team is legit in it at the all star break.

really I want the white sox to continue losing (while certain players get hot to increase trade value)
getting first pick next year would be a nice way to add a final big piece to a rebuild.

zulux21

guess I will go check it out

That was an absolutely bullshit call by New York.

Calhoun caught that ball totally clean.

Umps should be fined

the first two angles I would agree.
the last angle... not so much
the ball does appear to touch the wall without the glove in between.

it looks like it hits the top of the glove, which bends it back, the ball moves to the top of the glove and bounces off the wall without the glove and then falls down into the glove.

that being said, while it looked that way in that shot, it was far from definitive proof to me.

With the way his glove was positioned, if it had bounced off the wall it would have bounced away from his glove.

I suppose it MIGHT be possible that it hit the top of the glove and also the wall but does that count as an assist from the wall? Seems clear to me that he would've caught it without the wall there.

Anyway, still seems like BS to me. Glad the Angels ended up winning anyway.

zulux21

With the way his glove was positioned, if it had bounced off the wall it would have bounced away from his glove.

I suppose it MIGHT be possible that it hit the top of the glove and also the wall but does that count as an assist from the wall? Seems clear to me that he would've caught it without the wall there.

Anyway, still seems like BS to me. Glad the Angels ended up winning anyway.

watching that angle, I don't think he would have made the catch doing the exact same thing without the wall there.

from that angle it looks like when the ball hits there it changes angels and then goes into the glove.

I think without the wall it would have bent his glove back and just fallen out,maybe he would have just seriously snowconed it.

Aka I think there is enough there that if the call had been safe from the start it would have cast enough doubt in order to leave it that way. but at the same time given it's not 100% clear what is going on there it's hard to believe it was definitive. though if I recall right they have some angles the broadcast doesn't, so if one of them happened to have a better zoom in of the top of the glove from the side it could have been definitive that it did barely make contact with the wall without the glove.

again, it seems possible that the call was actually correct and he didn't catch it, but no way that call should have been overturned with the shots we have.

and keep in mind I hate the yankees, this is just my observations without any real interest in the catch whether it was one or not lol.

zulux21

Matt Davidson now has 4 home runs in 4 games against the Os this series. (he played one game against the Os earlier this year and didn't get one so it's not every game this season)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom