• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2017 Regular Season OT - 108 years in the making

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBH

cbju0uz.jpg
lmao, it's been ages since I've seen that picture

I think it's his last year period.

His arm is shot, he can't handle throwing as hard as he has been and without that he can't be effective.

I think he's done. And the sad thing is that none of it was his fault.

Harvey is pretty much done at this point.
No pretty much about it. As someone who's armhas similar issues I'll tell you right now, he won't recover. His arm, structurally, is just unable to handle the strain.

He needs a least two years away from throwing and he won't do that.

Plus side is that Peterson should be a quick riser and here by mid season next year.

RBH

Major League Baseball will relax its uniform rules for a weekend later this season, allowing players to put nicknames on the back of their jerseys, wear fluorescent-colored shoes and personalize a patch paying tribute to someone instrumental in their development, according to a memo obtained by Yahoo Sports.

The event, called Players Weekend, is planned for Aug. 25-27 and was negotiated between the league and MLB Players Association.
Players long have sought to express their personal style on the field and capitalize on the intersection of fashion and sports in a way other leagues don’t allow, and the result will be a test of boundaries baseball may be inclined to stretch in the future depending on the weekend’s success.

Players will have the option to wear a jersey with a nickname – though they are limited to just one, according to the memo, and “inappropriate or offensive” nicknames will be banned.

The items with minimal color restrictions include spikes, batting gloves, wristbands, compression sleeves and catcher’s masks. The colors, according to the memo, must avoid interfering with the game and an umpire’s ability to make a call. White gloves, wristbands and sleeves are prohibited.

Each jersey will feature a patch with space for a player to personalize it by “writing the name of an individual or organization that was instrumental to his development,” according to the memo.

The jerseys from the weekend will be sold by MLB, which will donate the proceeds to the Youth Development Foundation, an initiative on which the league and MLBPA work together.

While the memo did not outline rules for bats, the parties at one point had discussed using so-called Home Run Derby bat rules, where players could use alternate designs and colors but needed to submit them for approval beforehand.
https://sports.yahoo.com/memo-mlb-p...d-shoes-august-players-weekend-214707729.html

Beckx

There's a rumor that Kotaro Kiyomiya, he of the 101 high school HR, is going to come to the US to play college ball.

Would be a massive shock if true.

Choomp

Banned
Cespedes, Matz, Lugo up.

Lagares, Walker, Harvey, Conforto down.

How the fuck does this even happen in such a short span of time?

Also that thing with Kiyomiya would be really cool

A.J. Puk is already in AA after demolishing the hardest environment for a pitcher probably in all of baseball outside of Vegas and Colorado Springs.

VERY impressive, he may break with the A's next year.

lol wtf at this point they've just got to be tanking the season on purpose....how many games in a row have we lost now by something like 8-1? 9-1??

Malo

Banned
Sanchez taken out of the game with a foot injury. Please don't be serious.

And now Hicks is out as well. Today was a mistake.

SRTtoZ

At least Boston lost so nothing was really lost but we had a chance to pickup a game tonight but we just arent making plays right now. Last series the Angels were making great plays that won them the series and we are coming up just short. Should have been Gardners ball I think but whatever, it is what it is. Onto the next one.

Walker Buehler came back from the DL for an "injury" and did alright. I wouldn't be surprised if he pitches out of the Dodgers pen in September. He's pretty nasty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom