• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2017 Regular Season OT - 108 years in the making

Status
Not open for further replies.

zulux21

F it. I'm bringing out the lose gif already.

R2MhbmP.gif

You seriously haven't looked at the Padres starting rotation?

Chacin
Clayton Richard
Trevor Cahill
Jered Weaver
Luis Perdomo

Let that sink in.
why would I bother wasting time looking at the padres' rotation?
they are an NL team so in general I don't care much about them. and they aren't in the met's division whom I have decided to root for this season lol.

No thanks

You really prefer Pat 'Big Hands' Tabler and Buck 'HIGH AND DEEP' Martinez?

They're both clowns, and every time Shulman comes on, he schools them on how to actually call a game.

Yeah. Buck and Pat are just unbelievably bad at their job.

They never add anything to the broadcast, and they talk about the same thing. EVERY. FUCKING. TIME.

Today for example, I've had to hear about how Pillar is such a better hitter because he took 6 walks in spring training. And this is during every time he's at the plate.

The thing is, not every commentator can be Vin Scully.

But for the love of god, actually get someone who knows somewhat how to call a game. Buck and Pat were only hired because they can be molded into Rogers patsies. As Prohibited said, every time they speak it's the same inane bullshit that any baseball fan that hasn't been born yesterday can see with their own two eyes.

You want a good commentary crew? Look at the guys for the Mets, or the crew that does the Giants. They know how to call a game so you handwave or even enjoy when they start to shoot the shit to pass the time.

At this point, Joe Buck would be a infinitely better upgrade then Buck and Tabby, though I am GAF's resident Buck defender, so take that with a pinch (or bag) of salt.

[KoRp]Jazzman;233302430 said:
Buck is fine as a Colour guy, would love to see them reunite Shulman and him full time again.

Buck and Matt were great during the World Series last year. Buck is definitely good on colour.

Chuck

Still without luck
See, Gary Thorne is also good.

When you compare Buck and Tabby to the best broadcasting crews in the league, it goes to show just how painfully out of the water they are.

It's so weird hearing Buck Martinez doing Jays broadcasts as a play by play guy when he used to be the O's secondary color guy.

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
Why on Earth would the Royals trot out Meatball Moylan with the bases loaded? Is everyone else still in Arizona?

Buck and Matt were great during the World Series last year. Buck is definitely good on colour.

Yeah, Buck definitely shines more as a color guy then the lead. That I will concede.

It's so weird hearing Buck Martinez doing Jays broadcasts as a play by play guy when he used to be the O's secondary color guy.

Exactly, but he was manager of the Jays for a good while in the dog days of the franchise, so he probably won't be leaving any time soon.

Yeah, Buck definitely shines more as a color guy then the lead. That I will concede.

Exactly, but he was manager of the Jays for a good while in the dog days of the franchise, so he probably won't be leaving any time soon.

He was only the manager for a year and a bit. And boy, did he suck at it.

But he also used to commentate with Shulman back in the 90's, as colour, before he got the manager job.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
It's so weird to me that Bethancourt is pitching in the majors instead of Low-A.

His entire career has been made up of being put in positions designed for him to fail.

It's so weird to me that Bethancourt is pitching in the majors instead of Low-A.

His entire career has been made up of being put in positions designed for him to fail.

No worse than rule 5 pick Allen Cordoba who hasn't played above rookie ball sticking on the 25man. Padres don't care

(happy for Cordoba though, he gets to make 500k if he sticks. any 21yo in Rookie ball was unlikely to ever make the majors anyway)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom