• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2017 Regular Season OT - 108 years in the making

Status
Not open for further replies.

zulux21

personally I think if I was the coach after the error I would have just told rich to balk and then let one "slip" to let the run in so he could have gotten the no no at least.

I mean the dodgers don't really need to win again to reach the playoffs.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
That's gotta hurt.

Should have pulled him. Horrible way to lose a no-no.. what were they gonna pitch him in the 11th too?

rjc571

Banned
personally I think if I was the coach after the error I would have just told rich to balk and then let one "slip" to let the run in so he could have gotten the no no at least.

I mean the dodgers don't really need to win again to reach the playoffs.

It wouldn't have counted as a no hitter if he lost in the bottom of the ninth because MLB put in a stupid rule that you need to throw nine complete innings to get credit for a no-hitter.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Ryan M. Spaeder‏ @theaceofspaeder

#Pirates Josh Harrison is the first player in history to break up a no-hitter with a walk-off home run.

I'm laughing so hard.

Man, that sucks for Hill... I personally would have gone to the bullpen, even if Hill still had it going. I understand why he was still out there, but he shouldn't have been. I knew something would happen the moment he came out for the 10th.

Tall4Life

067a1eff763f473844f9ac9660b1cdf9.png
https://twitter.com/_dadler/status/900534938482683906

nnex

Neo Member
tfw you get out of work, look at your phone and see that you missed an instant classic...

I'm thrilled with the result though. Raise it!

Caja 117

No because simplifying things to a win or loss doesn't actually encapsulate how a pitcher pitched.
I mean thats why you user other stats and not W-L by itself, its kind of useless to look up a W-L record by itself to gauge on a pitcher performance, but the beauty of baseball is that as Rich Hill got an L in this gem, next outing he can very well get a W while allowing 8 runs.

Refused to do the post game interview. Mixed feelings but I get it.

Wife and I went nuts when he connected.

I wouldn't be surprised if most people went crazy and nuts when it happened. I figured something had to give when Whit and Cain hit it hard and deep, but out against Holland. Seemed like he had trouble with command and left his slider up like the one to Hos that he hit out.

I mean thats why you user other stats and not W-L by itself, its kind of useless to look up a W-L record by itself to gauge on a pitcher performance, but the beauty of baseball is that as Rich Hill got an L in this gem, next outing he can very well get a W while allowing 8 runs.

there is no context where W/L isn't worthless though. By itself or combined with other stats. It tells you nothing about how a pitcher performed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom