• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2017 Regular Season OT - 108 years in the making

Status
Not open for further replies.

SRTtoZ

Almost like you should be about to control a ball as a major league player. Almost...

Sadly they seem to eat it up. So many alerts I get over benches clearing or fights from their own apps.

Every pitcher in the league has hit someone by accident at some point. I mean, you might be able to throw 100mph with pinpoint accuracy but major leaguers can't do that 100% of the time.

Every pitcher in the league has hit someone by accident at some point. I mean, you might be able to throw 100mph with pinpoint accuracy but major leaguers can't do that 100% of the time.
Sure but the timing and hitting him square in the head is pretty suspect. People are acting like a pitchers have never their to intentionally hit someone after we had two before McCann was hit.

SRTtoZ

Sure but the timing and hitting him square in the head is pretty suspect. People are acting like a pitchers have never their to intentionally hit someone after we had two before McCann was hit.

I refuse to believe that a guy who has struggled with command this year tried to hit someone to lead off an inning in a tie game in a playoff race. Most guys even if they do want to hit someone on purpose never aim for the head. I just don't get the umps thinking, why not throw out Robertson too then? He hit someone.

I refuse to believe that a guy who has struggled with command this year tried to hit someone to lead off an inning in a tie game in a playoff race. Most guys even if they do want to hit someone on purpose never aim for the head. I just don't get the umps thinking, why not throw out Robertson too then? He hit someone.
Because the pitches were drastically different? Barely grazing someone and a head shot have very different optics. It's not a struggle for an ump to call them differently

Meier

Half of Canada apparently calls kickball "soccer baseball". Huh.

DIBGbNyVwAAm-5D.jpg:large

Meier

This Rhys Hoskins fella is something else. Talk about mashing the ball..glad I was able to snag him for my fantasy team.

Watched the pitch. You can see it leave his hand and that his arm angle wasn't fully extended. He's palming the ball slightly (it peaks just before releasing) which gave it lift and exited sharply to the right with no break.

I don't think it was intentional. Not at 98.

Line_HTX

Final game of the homestand and it's Keuchel v. Strasburg. Should be fun.

Hope the Astros get this win and quickly fly out of town.

Caja 117

Both Yankees catchers will most likely get suspension, I wonder what are the yankees doing considering they dont have any other Catchers in their 40 man Roster.

BigAT

Both Yankees catchers will most likely get suspension, I wonder what are the yankees doing considering they dont have any other Catchers in their 40 man Roster.

They could maybe have one appeal the suspension and play while the other serves his?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom