• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2017 Regular Season OT - 108 years in the making

Status
Not open for further replies.

StoveOven

Banned
Girardi, Thomson, Kahnle, Iglesias and Gardner all fined.

Cooper and Frazier fined for entering the field while on the DL.

I guess the most surprising thing is Betances getting off without even a fine.

lucius

Bah last thing Yankees needed, Cabrera started the whole thing so he deserves the most like he got, at the same time I wouldn't have a problem with Betanaces getting a game or two. Missing Sanchez for 4 games could be the diffferce of Yankees making the playoffs actually.

Trevelyan

Banned
I guess we have Higashioka for the next 2 games? At least Castro is back at the right time - should soften the blow from Sanchez missing 4 games.

StoveOven

Banned
Higgy is injured until 9/1. Girardi said they're going to see if they can stagger the Sanchez/Romine suspensions, and both of them have appealed.

Chris R

Higgy is injured until 9/1. Girardi said they're going to see if they can stagger the Sanchez/Romine suspensions, and both of them have appealed.

Should just get them over with since they are playing the Mariners.

Could call up half of Scranton and still beat us.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
YDDdTZH.jpg

cQOTEZW.gif

Also I didn't realize that now the Yankees fans are defending their catcher getting a cheap shot against a defenseless guy on the ground, acting as if he didn't do anything after.

Thug players on a thug team, SMFH

it's a fight, there's no "cheap" or not cheap about it. don't want to get hit, don't start a fight. that's the adult thing to do not complain that so and so hit when they weren't supposed to.

Called it that Sanchez would get a slap on the wrist. Seems MLB enjoys fights and the attention it brings.

four games is not a slap on the wrist, Sanchez didn't start shit, it was Fulmer and Cabrera.

Sanchez only got 4 games for his bitch move?

Wow.

And Romine only 2 games? MLB looking out for the Yanks.

good. the way it should be.

Sanchez is a motherfuckin' biatch.

waaah. the sooner the unwritten rules bullshit disappears, the better. or are we going to start acting as if hitting a player for hitting a homerun and starting a fight are somehow more honorable?

Cabrera is the one who started the whole thing. MLB is definitely not wrong to punish him the hardest. Don't want to get blindsided? Don't attack someone's teammate.

Tall4Life

it's a fight, there's no "cheap" or not cheap about it. don't want to get hit, don't start a fight. that's the adult thing to do not complain that so and so hit when they weren't supposed to.

You know that Sanchez came from the dugout and started punching Cabrera when he was on the ground, defenseless, right? He had nothing to do with the fight initially

GK86

Homeland Security Fail

Sanchez hit two players while they were down and defenseless. He is a piece of shit and deserves the ball that has his name on it.

You know that Sanchez came from the dugout and started punching Cabrera when he was on the ground, defenseless, right? He had nothing to do with the fight initially

Sanchez hit two players while they were down and defenseless. He is a piece of shit and deserves the ball that has his name on it.

defenseless my ass. don't start a fight and you won't get hit. don't throw yourself into a pile and expect honor.don't throw at people, don't start a fucking fight. don't continue to hit people afterwards!! it's not going to stop anything. the Tigers don't get to act like victims here.

also diving into a brawl is not the way to break up a fight. period. it's a fight, it shouldn't have happened in the first damn place. let's drop the unwritten rules bullshit once and for all. someone who hits a guy after a homerun gets fined starting at six figures and up.

sanchez doesn't deserve to get hit by Fulmer does he? is that ok, to hit someone afterwards, because he'd been hitting homeruns? he doesn't even crowd the plate. is it ok to start a fight with Romine? nonsense. absolute nonsense.

I mean, I understand the Yankees are hated and lots of fans get bitter about their relative success when the teams they root for suck and will suck for a decade more but this is ridiculous.

Beckx

if you're going to have a culture that indulges fights, beaning, take out slides, and "the right way to play" emotions are going to take over and people are going to do shit like that

it seems to me you fix the culture, not go after the guy who went a little too far on the Permitted Baseball Violence Meter.

if you're going to have a culture that indulges fights, beaning, take out slides, and "the right way to play" emotions are going to take over and people are going to do shit like that

it seems to me you fix the culture, not go after the guy who went a little too far on the Permitted Baseball Violence Meter.

exactly.

Star Wars night in the Bronx

Cool of the Empire to celebrate their heritage by bringing out sith lords and shit

nobody wants to be Luke, everyone wants to be Vader. Luke didn't even go to Jedi school, lousy dropout.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
The player's weekend jersey's accessories etc...look very standardized and unoriginal. Yay big money.

The only differences i see are the nicknames. Lame.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
The Orioles cap is godlike

thumb.aspx
Yeah but all of the uniforms are the same style. They should at least change it up. Let the teams have completly different stuff, not a standard template.

Hell let the players wear what they want, they just have to stick to a certain color.

Edit: players are even wearing the same damn socks! ugh

Chuck

Still without luck
Yeah but all of the uniforms are the same style. They should at least change it up. Let the teams have completly different stuff, not a standard template.

Hell let the players wear what they want, they just have to stick to a certain color.

Edit: players are even wearing the same damn socks! ugh
Agreed

Also they should wear colorful pants!

BumRush

If you're a mets fan, you have like literally nothing to be excited about when it comes to the team.

If you're a mets fan you're probably a jets fan which means sports are awful and should be banned.

Fuck sports.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
If you're a mets fan, you have like literally nothing to be excited about when it comes to the team.

If you're a mets fan you're probably a jets fan which means sports are awful and should be banned.

Fuck sports.

Someone sticky this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom