• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2k7: Money Talks and Bullshit Walks

Cloudy

Banned
Yeah, the game is very fun and it'd be a shame we stopped playing cos of some minor aggravations. We'll keep tweaking till we get it right! :D

I remember the 2K5 days when there were no sliders (except for NHL2K5) :(

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Anyone on my schedule want to play?

Juan? I got your message yesterday,but I was playing a series with Dez.

BirdBomb

Banned
So my 360 hath died. I should get the shipping box in tomorrow, and the repair center is here in TX, so it should take maybe a week to a new 1 back. Cant wait to suck it up some more! DM, FMT, hit me up this time next week and we'll get our games in.

JuanMR2

Matrix said:
Anyone on my schedule want to play?

Juan? I got your message yesterday,but I was playing a series with Dez.

I can play today, do you have an AIM sn? I'll be on AIM:JuanMR2

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
JuanMR2 said:
I can play today, do you have an AIM sn? I'll be on AIM:JuanMR2

my aim doesnt work on the computer ive been using.

Just post in here when you can play,im browing the forum so ill see your post.

Matrix

K be on in a few mins

Matrix

I swear to god Ive had enough of this shitty game.

I'll finish out the league and then this crap is gone.

OF speed is still too fast and Juan and I had a lovely game where we had 9 hrs total.

I lost the first game on two Pizza Hr's.I love the call on the first one,thats a foul ball....HR!

It has nothing to do with who I play either,Juan played legit and we both pitched all over the strikezone.

Lance had 3 hrs in the 2nd game,almost 4.I know wind played a part in the 2nd game,but its absurd and on two of those hrs I was swinging for contact.

JuanMR2

Matrix said:
I swear to god Ive had enough of this shitty game.

I'll finish out the league and then this crap is gone.

OF speed is still too fast and Juan and I had a lovely game where we had 9 hrs total.

I lost the first game on two Pizza Hr's.I love the call on the first one,thats a foul ball....HR!

It has nothing to do with who I play either,Juan played legit and we both pitched all over the strikezone.

Lance had 3 hrs in the 2nd game,almost 4.I know wind played a part in the 2nd game,but its absurd and on two of those hrs I was swinging for contact.

I did manage to get 22 hits in those two games so we're getting close on the sliders. Also, it looks like we never finished our week 16 game. You were up 2-0 in the fourth so i'll spot you 2 runs. Oh and nice triple play in the first game.

Cloudy

Banned
I know wind played a part in the 2nd game,but its absurd and on two of those hrs I was swinging for contact.

If the forecast is windy or breezy, anything up in the zone is dangerous...

Matrix

Cloudy said:
If the forecast is windy or breezy, anything up in the zone is dangerous...

Or anything inside,outside,low and away,high and outside,etc etc.Game is poop,dont spin zone for the game,even the guy who made the game doesnt think its very good.

Juan im busy doing some work now,I should be able to play in a hour,but someone has to fix the game.

Matrix said:
Or anything inside,outside,low and away,high and outside,etc etc.Game is poop,dont spin zone for the game,even the guy who made the game doesnt think its very good.

Juan im busy doing some work now,I should be able to play in a hour,but someone has to fix the game.

I reset that week 16 game for you guys.

Konex, let me know when you want to play our series (I'll plan on being in the lobby after the Suns win).

Matrix

Juan,you around?

I can play now.

I'll be using Oswalt like I did in that game.

Matrix

Juan,I was in the middle of a game again.

You around? rematch game 1?

Cloudy

Banned
BTW, I hope I'm not the only one using batter strengths and weakness when pitching. You'll get shelled otherwise :p

Cloudy said:
Great games, CJ. I choked that last one away :lol

ps: How do you like the sliders? :)

Good series. First two frustrated the hell out of me, but mostly because I was in a long losing streak.

Finally I scored runs without having to hit homers. The sliders are better...

Dez

Anyone on my schedule want to play tonight after 11:30 eastern? Florida,St Louis, Cincinatti, or Yankees

If anyone on my schedule wants to play some games tonight after 11 EST, I'll be around.

I still have Seattle, Florida, Cincy, and the Mets to play.

Fuck being .500; shit's overrated anyways.

I can't hit worth a damn right now. Probably because of all the crazy curveballs Mets pitchers have.

Cloudy

Banned
LMAO! BLOW JOB RYAN! :D

I deserved to win that game after making so many base-running mistakes that cost me runs :lol

Great games, Dez...

Dez

Cloudy said:
LMAO! BLOW JOB, RYAN! :D

I deserved to win that5 game after making so many base-running mistakes that cost me runs :lol

God damnit. I knew it. Pitchers without curves in this game suck ass. I just thought it would be cheap to not bring in my closer.

But yeah, good games. I'll see you in the finals :lol

Dez

PS: You screwed up your rotation, starting Wang in game 31. It should have been 1st and 2nd starters.

Cloudy

Banned
Dez said:
PS: You screwed up your rotation, starting Wang in game 31. It should have been 1st and 2nd starters.

Nah, I just use my 1-5 in order since I skip thru series. I hope you haven't been using your starter in gm 1 of EVERY series! No wonder you can't lose :lol

Dez

Cloudy said:
Nah, I just use my 1-5 in order since I skip thru series. I hope you haven't been using your starter in gm 1 of EVERY series! No wonder you can't lose :lol

No, I just use my first starter in games 1,6,11,16, etc. That's how it's supposed to be done. Our game was #31 (week 31). So that should have been the 1st starter.

Dez

Cloudy said:
Sux to get fukkin Halladay again *ugh*

lol. You did really well against burnett though. I couldn't figure out what to pitch. Wells made some spectacular catches though, :lol

I knew that fracking Ryan wouldn't be able to hold a lead. He's been crushed basically anytime i throw strikes.

Cloudy

Banned
Yeah, I can actually react to Burnett. With Halladay, I have to guess or get blown away or frozen depending on the pitch :lol

Both those games were very intense though. How do you like the sliders?

Dez

Cloudy said:
Yeah, I can actually react to Burnett. With Halladay, I have to guess or get blown away or frozen depending on the pitch :lol

Both those games were very intense though. How do you like the sliders?

They're pretty good.. we scored some runs without HRs. The only problem is that lowering the power to 0 absolutely gimps weak hitters such that they can't hit anything but weak grounders. That means instant double plays, essentially. But there's not much you can do about that..

Cloudy

Banned
The only problem is that lowering the power to 0 absolutely gimps weak hitters such that they can't hit anything but weak grounders.

When I'm in a DP situation with a really weak hitter, I swing for power to eliminate the DP chance and maybe get a bloop single. Or I just advance the runner with a bunt if it's 1 or no outs :lol

Matrix

Just threw my first perfect game with Roy-O against someone online who was using the Dodgers.

pict0042ac7.jpg

I wish I had done this offline against the cpu,100 achievements points :p

Matrix said:
Just threw my first perfect game with Roy-O against someone online who was using the Dodgers.

pict0042ac7.jpg

I wish I had done this offline against the cpu,100 achievements points :p

Congrats.

I was going to ask you if MLB 07 is good, seeing how you've been missing in here for a little while. I just figured it was better than this :lol

This game has been frustrating me so much over the past week. Now I'm past the point of caring anymore.

Cloudy

Banned
ChrisJames said:
Congrats.

I was going to ask you if MLB 07 is good, seeing how you've been missing in here for a little while. I just figured it was better than this :lol

This game has been frustrating me so much over the past week. Now I'm past the point of caring anymore.

Are you frustrated cos of the gameplay or cos of losses? Dez and I had 2 amazing games last night and I think the sliders are almost perfect so hang in there :)

Cloudy said:
Are you frustrated cos of the gameplay or cos of losses? Dez and I had 2 amazing games last night and I think the sliders are almost perfect so hang in there :)

The sliders are good now, it's just that I can't win a damn game.

I'm tired of underachieving in these GAF leagues :(

Even if I win all my remaining games I will still be below .500, that's why I'm frustrated. And because curveballs are a bitch in this game.

Top Bottom