• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB 2k7: Money Talks and Bullshit Walks

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
:lol

too easy to rob hrs :lol

LAST GAME DM! ROY O TIME1

DMczaf

Ill just take the loss, its not like i would have scored a run. I have enough experience in getting shutout to know when Im shutout.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Holy shit Dm was that your ****ing router,please tell me that wasnt your f-ing router!

:lol it was :lol

I would have won 1-0 :p

Man almost 9 innings,god damn routers and servers and the net.

DMczaf

Im averaging 2.5 runs per game through 6 games, ugh. If theres a 3rd league someday, am I allowed to use the AL All-Stars?

Matrix

Yea,just pick the Yankees.

Thats the only reason why Konex wins :lol

Matrix

Hey Chris you around? I can play some more

DMczaf said:
Maybe I'll pick the Yankees, and then run a 4 man rotation too.

And if you use classic swing, never ever let go of pushing up on the joystick. ALL your hits will be homers, like konex!

Tried the towel trick, my xbox got hot as hell, didn't work..thanks for the idea though.

I just can't do ANYTHING I want...

pheeniks said:
Tried the towel trick, my xbox got hot as hell, didn't work..thanks for the idea though.

I just can't do ANYTHING I want...

I'm glad you posted in here, I was afraid that maybe you tried the towel trick and it caught your house on fire :lol Sorry about your 360, it sucks when they break (damn MS).

Matrix, I can play late tonight or whenever you'll be around in the next week.

Matrix

Chris Im free to play tonight,hell I can play now if you're around.

Also since my series with you is after one im supposed to play with Pheeniks who do I pitch with?

adg1034

Anyone want to play a quick online game? Just got the full game the other day and haven't had a chance to play online yet. GT adg1034. Let me know.

bluemax

Banned
So with pheeniks' xbox out of commission who is my next opponent? I'm done with classes so I can fit games in whenever now.

Matrix said:
Chris Im free to play tonight,hell I can play now if you're around.

Also since my series with you is after one im supposed to play with Pheeniks who do I pitch with?

Hey I just got home from work. We can play in about half an hour if that's cool with you (or later if need be).

I'm not sure how everyone else figures out who to pitch when playing ahead, but the way I do it is to just look at the schedule and go through your rotation game by game.

For example,
if your #3 starter would be the one to pitch next, then you would use your 3, 4, and 5 pitchers in that series and so your #1 starter would start the next series (which I hope isn't the case). This is assuming that Pheeniks gets his 360 back before the end of the season so he can make up games...

Hopefully that makes sense, it's been a helluva long day at work and my whole body aches :(

Bluemax said:
So with pheeniks' xbox out of commission who is my next opponent? I'm done with classes so I can fit games in whenever now.

You can look at the league site, which I will give a link to later because my internet's being dumb right now, to see your schedule, stats, standings, etc.

I know that I'm supposed to play you, so we can probably get that in this weekend if you'll be around (I'll message you on AIM).

edit: here's the league site http://online.2ksports.com/league/?p=360&l=124678

Matrix

Yea that makes sense Chris,so I used Roy O last game so you get Jason Jennings :lol :( I can play all 3 if you want?

I can play after the Warriors/Mavs game is over.

Matrix said:
Yea that makes sense Chris,so I used Roy O last game so you get Jason Jennings :lol :( I can play all 3 if you want?

I can play after the Warriors/Mavs game is over.

OK, we can play after the Mavs game, but we should just start our series if the Warriors go up by 30 :lol

I doubt I'll want to play all 3 because I'm kind of tired, but we'll play it by ear.

Matrix

Ok cool :lol

Lets just play at 1 am,in like 25 mins.

Matrix

ggs chris,but this outfield speed is still f-ing absurd.

Your CF was able to track down too many of my would be hits.

The 7th inning Biggio had a clear double and its like your CF got a speed burst at the last 2nd and was able to make it an easy catch.

My pen is f-ing awful and chocked a wonderful game by Wandy

And its depressing that every pitcher on the Tigers throws 99+

Matrix

Sometimes simple catchs are missed because the OF's run too fast.

Matrix said:
ggs chris,but this outfield speed is still f-ing absurd.

Your CF was able to track down too many of my would be hits.

The 7th inning Biggio had a clear double and its like your CF got a speed burst at the last 2nd and was able to make it an easy catch.

My pen is f-ing awful and chocked a wonderful game by Wandy

And its depressing that every pitcher on the Tigers throws 99+

Great series, the first one seemed a little wack and I was really lucky the last game, but overall I thought they were pretty good.

As far as the outfielder stuff goes, I think it's basically just a design flaw similar to Madden's Jetpack WR animation. Whenever you get close to the ball they make an unrealistic lunge towards the ball.

Wandy was pitching good, I was pretty surprised. Thank God for your bullpen :D

edit: :lol I'll have to check out the OF's speed more tomorrow, maybe I'm delusional from being tired.

Goddamn, 360's support service is annoying. I call and they're like "It's the component cable's fault...blah blah blah" the dumbass woman just kept talking so fast so I just said "go **** yourself" and then hung up. she's actually probably right though :lol I just didn't know where to get one, no friends IRL have a 360

If you guys want to have a temp sub for me in the meantime, go ahead...don't wanna hold you guys back

Pheeniks do you get 3 red lights or 4 red lights when you turn on your system? 3 means it's fuxxored, 4 means it's the cables.

"Go **** yourself" :lol That's awesome.

ChrisJames said:
Pheeniks do you get 3 red lights or 4 red lights when you turn on your system? 3 means it's fuxxored, 4 means it's the cables.

"Go **** yourself" :lol That's awesome.

Strangely...I don't get lights. It looks normal, my top left quadrant is filled because that's my controller, but the others are empty.

This shit just isn't showing up =/

pheeniks said:
Strangely...I don't get lights. It looks normal, my top left quadrant is filled because that's my controller, but the others are empty.

This shit just isn't showing up =/

It sounds like you just need a new set of cables and that's it. If that's the case, I should have never told you to do the towel trick, because it could've overheated your 360.

Dez, Bluemax, or Cloudy I'll be able to play in about 1-1 1/2 hours if you want to get some games in.

ChrisJames said:
It sounds like you just need a new set of cables and that's it. If that's the case, I should have never told you to do the towel trick, because it could've overheated your 360.

Dez, Bluemax, or Cloudy I'll be able to play in about 1-1 1/2 hours if you want to get some games in.

Nah it's fine..it was just once. I can't find this answer anywhere..but will microsoft send me new cables or do I have to get a new set?

I can't believe none of my friends have a 360

pheeniks said:
Nah it's fine..it was just once. I can't find this answer anywhere..but will microsoft send me new cables or do I have to get a new set?

I can't believe none of my friends have a 360

I'm not sure if MS would send you new cables, but I'm guessing no. It's worth a shot though...

I won't be getting any games in tonight (contrary to what I posted earlier).

BirdBomb

Banned
WOW something needs to be done about the pitching. Just played my series with Bluemax, and oh my goodness PLEASE do not match us up in the future. 1st game, the guy throws nothing but garbage to me anytime a power guy comes up. He brings albert up, he cranks 1 for a HR because i pitched to him like anyone else. Next few times he comes up, i bean him in the foot with the ball, bc i dont know how to walk people. Apparently this gives him the idea that me doing that means he can pitch low in the zone EVERY SINGLE PITCH to me for the remaining 2 games. I could care less because 3/4 of the time i guessed his sorry arse pitches and cranked them myself, but i think it's pretty boring to have someone play like that. Afterwards, he says he did it bc i beaned albert with the ball. wtf? oooh, and at the end of it all he blocks me on AIM :lol all because i pointed out the fact that he quit the madden league bc i beat him with a sub team, and he told me it was just a game, so i said "need i quote the madden league forum, or the NBA league where you quit also" then the block comes :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol sorry thought the situation was kinda funny.

Matrix

Birdbomb,it's getting old.You and your brother bitch way too much,why do you guys play in GA leagues when half the time you think people are cheesing?

And read the instruction booklet,it explains how to walk someone....page 7.

When I played bluemax while my 360 was alive, I had zero problems with his game. Why should anybody be forced to throw good pitches to a power hitter? Wouldn't you be satisfied with a free walk anyways?

Andokuky said:
Please idiot, don't lump me in with anything you say.

Somebody has got issues here. It's not cool to call someone an idiot.

Andokuky

Banned
pheeniks said:
Somebody has got issues here. It's not cool to call someone an idiot.

About as cool as it is to start that crap in a thread I haven't posted in since page 2 over a week ago. It's not a big deal though, he's always had a problem with me and he'd say the same thing about me if out of the blue I said something negative about him. I'm just asking him to drop it, quit exaggerating BS and leave me out of it when he starts griping about stupid shit that happens in every GAF league :)

Dez said:
How many guys have you complained about so far?

Birdbomb sent me a message on XBL after we finished our series the other night, bitching about how I played (presumably because he lost).

Here's the exact message he sent me "so i take it we`re allowed to throw complete crap at the end of gms& when runs r on the line? good 2 know".

That is absolute bullshit. I pitched the game much more fair than he did (he would throw garbage pitches with 2 strikes half the time). I will admit that I did have a bad pitch or two in the 8th inning when the game was close, but that was because I use breakpoint pitching and because my pitcher was nervous, so it was hard to keep the ball in the strike zone.

-also, if anyone on my schedule (Dez, Bluemax, and Konex) wants to get some games in this afternoon or early evening I'll be around.

Dez

I won't be able to play until late tonight, say after 11.. gotta watch the Raptors at some bar. Let me know if you're available.

Matrix

Andokuky said:
Please idiot, don't lump me in with anything you say.

Douche,I'll continue to lump you with your brother cause you both act the same exact way,some would think you were twins or the same person.

Dez said:
I won't be able to play until late tonight, say after 11.. gotta watch the Raptors at some bar. Let me know if you're available.

Usually 11 would be perfect, but unfortunately I have to work at 5 am the next two day. So that won't work tonight. No worries though.

I might not be able to get any games in tomorrow because I have a couple projects due in addition to work. However, after 6 pm Tuesday I'll be back on my old routine, so we can play that evening or whenever during the week.

edit: I just made the schedule through game 24 (8 series').

BirdBomb

Banned
Matrix said:
Douche,I'll continue to lump you with your bother cause you both act the same exact way,some would think you were twins or the same person.

shut the f*** up matrix, i never speak, nor do i intend to speak to you after i hit Submit on the page. Who I complain about is none of your business. If you don't like it, then anytime u see my user name on a post, don't read it. All i've said so far is that the Jays owner threw 2 pitches in the 1st game we played, the other 2 games were perfectly fine. The complaint with CJ was kept off the boards, and bluemax is just an idiot who quits 3/4 of the leagues he joins as soon as he gets his butt handed to him. i could care less what anyone things about my complaints against that "douche".

"why do you even join GA leagues? you just think everyone cheeses"
That's funny. It seems to me that people put rules in place, then the regulars just bend the rules as much as needed to fit their style, and anyone who isn't a regular has to deal with that stupid crap. I play in GA leagues b/c it's fun, not to sit and listen to "douches" like you try and put other people down.

Why would i expect someone to throw to my power hitters? well...it's kinda hypocritical for someone to start throwing complete Sh*t b/c i decide not to throw to their superstar home run hitter, and they in turn throw crap to EVERY one of my players, especially my middle of the lineup hitters.

CJ - I had no problem with 2 of our games, just that last game where i had 2 on base, down 3 in the 8th. Seemed kinda funny where we're using the same rules from the other league, which had a no garbage pitch policy, and hte 1st pitch i get is a pitch so far off the plate that it doesn't show up on my screen, and the next low, out of the zone. Which hey, that's smart pitching, but i dont see the point in having that rule there if it's only situational.

Matrix

:lol :lol :lol

Keep your damn rants and complaints off the board then if you dont want people complaining about you.

Do it in private like you did with CJ.

As for you not ever speaking to me again....

awesome!

Matrix

DMczaf said:
My only negative feedback on XBL is from Birdshit :lol

:lol :lol

Not shocking.

Matrix

ColdBlooded33 said:
This League has turned into comedy :lol I love watching drama from the outside

Come on,you know you want in!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Nope. I tried that with the show last year. I got frustrated after 2 games :lol :lol

Andokuky

Banned
Matrix said:
Douche,I'll continue to lump you with your brother cause you both act the same exact way,some would think you were twins or the same person.

Moron, I complained about what I thought was a cheesy NBA game and aside from that, what the **** are you whining about? Again, keep me out your replies, especially if you're crying about complaining in a GAF league, something everyone does. Really, it's not rocket science.

Top Bottom