• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-Season 2011: Only a few more weeks until the radio talks about baseball again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatalah

Yeah, this sums it up for Mets fans.

tumblr_lxxbcn0tWO1rnwhupo1_500.jpg

(The Iron Triangle)

jman2050

You know, when people said that the September collapse killed the Red Sox organization, I'm pretty sure that was supposed to be hyperbole.

But nah, seriously, Nick Punto starting for Boston? This I gotta see.

Doytch

I remember a Sickels article a couple months back comparing him, Beckham and Hechavarria. From what I remember, you may as well give him a shot for a couple of months, and if he's abso-fucking-lutely terrible, then go and get a replacement-level SS in trade. But really, if he plays great D, that should be enough...

Or just play Mike Aviles...no?

Sanjuro

This deal sucks. Scutaro has been one of the more consistent Sox players the last couple of seasons.

Aviles isn't an every day player.

Fatalah

Citifield's fancy bullpen entrance actually faces this crazy area of Willets Point. It happens to be one of the the last areas in New York City without a sewage system! (Yes, in a place called Flushing)

After beating charges of eminent domain abuse, Mayor Bloomberg bought the chop shops and pushed forward his plans to revamp the whole dang area. Condos, hotels, restaurants, stores -- the works.

08111815WilletsPoint.jpg

I recommend checking out the movie "Chop Shop", if you want to gain a sense of the madness of the Iron Triangle.

chopshop.jpg

No one else is even mentioning anything about Prince Fielder.

EDIT: The guy who reported this was the first to report the Pujols/Angels signing. Fuck.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
No one else is even mentioning anything about Prince Fielder.

EDIT: The guy who reported this was the first to report the Pujols/Angels signing. Fuck.
Look at his timeline. The dates go Jan - dec and then back to Jan. Think he may have edited them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom