• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-Season 2011: Only a few more weeks until the radio talks about baseball again

Status
Not open for further replies.

h3ro

Wait wait my team still,sucks!

Believe in Jesus. Believe.

v1xEj.jpg

:/

Surprised he didn't relapse sooner. If I got someone killed one day then nearly took someone's head off with an errant bat throw soon after, I'd be down for a beer or ten.

Doytch

Rangers should've just gotten Prince. Not because alcohol is the deeeeeeeeevil, but overall really. Old/broken down.

Razzball rankings goin' down, my favourite blurb so far:
79. Francisco Liriano – This is a new tier. This tier goes from here until here. I call this tier, “Screw you, Liriano.” He got very lucky last year. No, not with his FIP or xFIP or BABIP or men left on base or with runs scored for. He got lucky I didn’t kill him. 2012 Projections: 11-11/4.30/1.35/155
Yuuuuuuuuuuuuup.

Fuck you, Liriano.

hemtae

What do you mean it's not that bad!? He has been one of our most consistent players the last two seasons.

It was an unquestionably bad decision imo but I don't think anybody's going to be saying we would have went farther at the end of the season with Scutaro instead.

Macattk15

It's going to be depressing when the M's use him at catcher and drive him into the ground.

With Miguel Olivo (still on the roster somehow) and John Jaso on the roster ... I really don't think he is going to see much playing time at Catcher this season.

Sanjuro

It was an unquestionably bad decision imo but I don't think anybody's going to be saying we would have went farther at the end of the season with Scutaro instead.

I think everybody is going to be saying that if we miss the post season by a few games.

hemtae

I think everybody is going to be saying that if we miss the post season by a few games.

I think the bigger problem is that we aren't pursuing pitching depth more aggressively. The only people we picked up this offseason that I can remember has been Bailey and that guy we traded Jed Lowrie for.

Anybody watching this Josh Hamilton press conference.

He certainly is a tortured young man. I appreciate his honesty about his problems.

I think the bigger problem is that we aren't pursuing pitching depth more aggressively. The only people we picked up this offseason that I can remember has been Bailey and that guy we traded Jed Lowrie for.
They've really only been adding bullpen arms, but there's been no real addition to the starting rotation other than transitioning Bard to possibly start.

Cubs and Matt Garza have agreed on a 1-year, $9.5 million deal to avoid arbitration. Garza originally filed for $12.5 million; the Cubs countered with $7.95 million.

The Brewers and Shawn Marcum have agreed on a 1-year, $7.725 million deal to avoid arbitration. Marcum originally filed for $8.7 million while the Brewers countered with $6.75 million. They settled at the mid-point.

The Marlins and Anibal Sanchez had their arbitriation hearing today. Sanchez filed for $8 million, while the Marlins countered with $6.9 million.

eznark

Banned
Looks like Veras (who I totally forgot we even had) is going to be only the second arb hearing Melvin will head to with the Brewers.

DXV

Neo Member
With Miguel Olivo (still on the roster somehow) and John Jaso on the roster ... I really don't think he is going to see much playing time at Catcher this season.

I had forgotten about Olivo.

I'm still a bit bothered by how many M's fans (or at least people saying they are M's fans) call for Montero to be used as an everyday catcher, to get him 'ready' for a career there. I was pleased when he left the Bronx, it meant I wouldn't have to watch him be forced into catching. I hope Seattle wants to protect his bat enough that they don't let him behind the plate.

jman2050

The return of glorious beisbol is nigh.

I know we're two months out but seeing as Cards fans dont exist on this forum, who has OP responsibilities?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Just ask darkside. I'm sure he'll be a Cards fan at some point during the season.

Braves and Rangers will be so garbage you'll be looking for a new team in May.

Fuck the Cards. Although admittedly it's hard to hate them as much now without TLR and Pujols.

I remember that one Cards fan who showed up during the playoff run. A thread from 5 months prior got bumped where he basically said "LOL, baseball who sucks. Who gives a fuck about the Cards." I swear, I couldn't have scripted it better, especially considering the shit he got from MLBGaf for being a bandwagon rider.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
There are actually 2 Cards fans who are semi-active now. The Yoda guy and that dude with the green thing for an avatar.

I think Schilling should make the new thread though. Someone PM him.

I heard Schilling's interview on WFAN this morning.

Sounded like such a republicunt and just a general jackass

Paraphrasing cause I don't remember the exact quotes:

"The 53rd player on the football team is more amazing than anyone you've ever met in your life"

"There are two kinds of reporters; the 25 year old college grad that hates you because you're richer than him..."

"I wanna be with the 1/2 of the 1/2 % "

Then there's some commentary on mitch williams yadda yadda.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom