• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-Season 2011: Only a few more weeks until the radio talks about baseball again

Status
Not open for further replies.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
LOL Marlins.

Sculpture at Marlins Park might become issue for left-handed hitters

According to Marlins players, the psychedelic home run sculpture in deep left-center could pose a problem for some hitters, specifically left-handed batters facing right-hand pitchers with sidearm deliveries.

“If it is an issue, it can no longer be there,” warned Marlins utility player Greg Dobbs. “I won’t be the only left-handed hitter saying something. If other teams have a problem with it, they’re definitely going to voice their concern to the league.”

We're pretty damn happy to have Alcides Escobar, too. He's been defensively amazing, so far. Between the two of them, it's going to be pretty airtight up the middle I think.

EDIT: And a come from behind victory! Pow!

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
The Brewer fans gave Braun a standing ovation as he walked to the plate for his first at-bat. The applause did not last long as he struck out while a small group of Giants fans chanted: “Urine sample! Urine sample!”

z4TFg.jpg

First game for some people and already they need to "wake up". Fun with meaningless small sample sizes.

I was basically kidding... it was literally Chen's first inning.

Although I am watching him like a hawk, since the Royals have no ace and Chen is (frighteningly enough) the closest thing to one.

But on the bright side, he just got on Twitter, and it's glorious:

Bruce Chen ‏ @ChenMusic
This is my first tweet ever!

Bruce Chen ‏ @ChenMusic
Does this mean that I lost my tweetirginity?

Bruce Chen ‏ @ChenMusic
Tweeting is awesome! Thanks 4 all ur support. Should have been here long ago. I mean I should be good with technology, I am Asian

Bruce Chen ‏ @ChenMusic
Good morning everyone. What a beautiful day! Why did the bicycle fall down? Because it was too (2) tired!

Bruce Chen @ChenMusic
confuscious say, "man who stand on toilet high on pot"

Bruce Chen ‏ @ChenMusic
Why did the fish get kick out of school? He got caught with seaweed!

Bruce Chen @ChenMusic
what is Count Dracula's favorite tool in his tool box? Vampliers".

Bruce Chen @ChenMusic
Confucius says "Boy that mess with girl during wrong time of month get caught red-handed!"

I have now!

Wikipedia said:
Baseball

In baseball slang, it means a pitch that comes rather near the batter's face. The pitcher's intent may be to cause the batter to move "back" such that it is more difficult to hit a future outside pitch, to frighten the batter into a poorer batting approach, to intimidate opposing batters, or to actually hit the batter with the pitch. If the umpire suspects the pitcher of either of the latter two intentions, he may eject the pitcher immediately or warn both teams that any similar pitch will result in automatic ejection. The pitcher's manager may also be ejected or warned if the umpire believes the manager ordered the beanball.

In the late 1800s, at baseball's inception, the phrase "chin music" was used to describe razzing or heckling from the fans. It began being used as a synonym for a brushback pitch around World War II.

Okay, that's actually a damn clever joke, then.

eznark

Banned
Huh. I knew you were in KC, not positive that you were from KC. Chin music seems ubiquitous to me. Maybe the kids don't use it anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom