• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-Season 2011: Only a few more weeks until the radio talks about baseball again

Status
Not open for further replies.

zulux21

ah video games... making the impossible possible :p

Though to be fair it's likely that both Chicago teams won't be in the playoff race come September. I do wonder when (if) the cubs will ever win another world series though... either way it would be fun if the Miami Marlins were moved to the AL just for 2015 to give the cubs the chance to make a certain prediction come true against all odds.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
lol fire KCs gm, ollie perez floating out there but not even so much as a look now look, SWeetChenMusic is your ace lolol.

move moustakas to the bullpen

I haven't understood your schtick for a while now, and I feel like you haven't either.

Actually, a very well done commercial. I could see Cubs fans taking it as a jab to the ribs, but I took it as sort of a fun "what-if" scenario. It does make me realize that being a Cubs fan in Chicago the night the Cubs eventually win the WS will probably be one of the greatest feelings in the history of any sport, ever.

Too bad they never will.

Get it. No question. I was up so late last night playing it.

Also, about the Cubs commercial, I'd like to think that the youtube comment implying that the lone fan cheering from afar with Wrigley Field on the horizon at 0:32 is meant to be Bartman is correct.

Well ME3 arrived last night so I am pretty busy right now. Though, to be honest Rayman:Origins is currently the only game in my backlog (pending my GF getting back from spring break to finish it up)

Problem is I work too much these days. i don't have time aghhh! But I do love my baseball. I plan to listen to every game including preseason and post this year like the last 2 years.

Is this right?

The Mariners and Athletics are opening the regular season in Japan and then coming back to North America to play more spring training games?

BFIB

There are some oddities in the schedule.

The Cards open against the Marlins to debut the new stadium. For one game. Then travel up to Milwaukee. Why not just make it the 3 game set?

There are some oddities in the schedule.

The Cards open against the Marlins to debut the new stadium. For one game. Then travel up to Milwaukee. Why not just make it the 3 game set?

MLB's got a boner for doing that with new stadiums.

Back in 2008, the Nationals opened with the Braves in Nationals Park for one game. Then the next day, the Nats travelled to Philadelphia and the Braves went back home to face the Pirates.

Selig gonna Selig.

Is this right?

The Mariners and Athletics are opening the regular season in Japan and then coming back to North America to play more spring training games?

Yeah, they did this back in 2008. It was stupid. I guess they forgot how stupid it was.

2008 was like the experimental year.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Alright. Order is restored, no need to jump off the ledge. Rays picked up their first win of the preseason and it was against the villainous Yanks.

bluemax

Banned
darvish030712-3.gif

I'll just leave this here.

BFIB

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/141800093.html

Glendale, Ariz. - It's an old argument, but Brewers general manager Doug Melvin says he's going to keep beating that dead horse until nothing is remaining.

And that's the September call-up rule that allows teams to have as many as 40 players on the roster after Sept. 1. Of course, many small-market teams can't afford to do it. Melvin would like to see it standardized to 30.

"I kill this thing to death and nothing ever happens," Melvin said. "Why in September do we have unbalanced rosters? We're creating another playoff team and you still don't have balanced rosters of 30-on-30 in September. It still favors the large markets."

Melvin speculated that the St. Louis Cardinals - who made the playoffs last season as a wild card, beat the Brewers in the NLCS and went on to win the World Series - would not have been in the post-season otherwise.

"I still say that St. Louis doesn't get in if it's 30-on-30," he said. "Tony La Russa was a master at manipulating all the players that he had. They had a kid, (Adron) Chambers. They won a couple of games pinch-running with him late. They got Arthur Rhodes late. They play a team like Houston late in the season. They say they're rebuilding with minimum-salary guys. They're not going to bring up guys to accumulate service time. That's my biggest beef."

lolwut

Cards are a large market team?

Macattk15

Imagine that. Lucas Giolito ... the kid from high school who threw 100 mph recently ... expected to go high in 2012 draft blew out his elbow (well sprained it).

Don't knock it 'til you tried it, bro. That man-spa will have your swag to the maximum, swag on a hundred thousand, hundred trillion oh god damn based god!

You know what sucks about spring training? When your team does something good, you go "Well, it doesn't count for anything, because it's just Spring Training." But, when your team does something bad, you are like "Welp, this season is doomed."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom