• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-Season 2011: Only a few more weeks until the radio talks about baseball again

Status
Not open for further replies.
darvish030712-3.gif

I'll just leave this here.

I think it gyro'd a little

I went to the new stadium today. It is still under construction in areas but overall pretty nice. i do not like the color scheme on our outfield walls. That THING for the homeruns looks horrifying. Its small compared to most major parks but that is fine.We have a ballpark, that is what matters.

BFIB

I went to the new stadium today. It is still under construction in areas but overall pretty nice. i do not like the color scheme on our outfield walls. That THING for the homeruns looks horrifying. Its small compared to most major parks but that is fine.We have a ballpark, that is what matters.

I was playing MLB 12 last night, and hit a crushing HR with Berkman. To the point it went over the crowd (the third deck in right field), bounced off the wall, and then bounced back onto the field. Said the distance was 456 feet. Going to be some great HR moments in that ballpark this year with the dimensions not accurate.

Enron

Banned
Yu mad?

http://espn.go.com/dallas/mlb/story...vish-san-diego-padres-venable-square-verbally

Will Venable objects to Yu Darvish

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By Richard Durrett
ESPNDallas.com

SURPRISE, Ariz. -- It only took one Cactus League start for Texas Rangers pitcher Yu Darvish to create a little rivalry with one of the first major league hitters he faced.

Darvish gave up a leadoff double in the second inning to San Diego Padres outfielder Will Venable, who belted a 2-2 fastball high in the zone in Wednesday's game in Peoria. The ball hit high up on the tall wall in center field. Anywhere else in the park, and it likely would have been a home run.

But when Darvish was asked about it after the game, he said he thought the hit was wind-aided.

"With the dry air in Arizona and the wind blowing out, it carried the ball," Darvish said through an interpreter. "It didn't seem like a ball that was hit that squarely."

Venable was informed of Darvish's comments after the game and told a throng of media that "maybe his perception of reality isn't right on," then said he had no comment.

But later, in an interview on the "Darren Smith Show" on XX 1090, the Padres' flagship station, Venable had more to say.

"I think the wind saved it from being a home run," Venable said. "I also heard that he didn't think I hit it squarely. If that's the case, I don't think anyone has squared off a ball off of him. That's as well as I could hit a ball, to be honest. I don't know if something was lost in translation there.

"I would have liked to hear a little more humility from the guy. To each his own. He's a confident guy. Of course I didn't square up a ball because he's Yu Darvish."

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I bet Yu Darvish speaks perfectly fluent English. He's just talking a ton of shit in Japanese so he can use the excuse of poor translations whenever people get mad. Genius.

Malo

Banned
I bet Yu Darvish speaks perfectly fluent English. He's just talking a ton of shit in Japanese so he can use the excuse of poor translations whenever people get mad. Genius.
I do that all the time except with Spanish or even English when I'm in the Dominican Republic.

eznark

Banned
Anyone else here at Maryvale?

Brauntosaurus just fucking destroyed a ball to center off highly paid douche Marshall. Good signing!!

Doytch

Time to add another one. West coast fans show up late/leave early because: there's so much stuff to do!/it's so sunny!/they're pursuing doctorate degree!

Sanjuro

I might be the only Cards fan here. But someone could probably make a better thread than me.

Oh, and here's some Papelfun:

http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story...hia-phillies-fans-smarter-boston-red-sox-fans

"Philly fans are smarter baseball fans than Boston".

Heard that today. They are trying to blow it out of proportion here. To me, it just sounds like something he would have said either way at some point.

East Coast teams have smart fans? News to me!

This is implying the west coast has fans.

Malo

Banned
Daniel Barbarisi

David Robertson's MRI showed what Joe Girardi called "cause for concern." Robertson sent for more tests. Girardi seems worried.
Sounds like Robertson might end up on the dl, hopefully it isn't for too long.

Phillies/Cole Hamels extension talks have died for now and Hamels' agent is leaving Florida to head home. The Phillies are now operating as if Hamels will hit free agency. Hamels has said he is open to negotiating during the season, but looks like the Phillies have closed the door for now.

Iceman

So they had Yu Darvish open against the Padres... Hope his ego is is super inflated right now after throwing against arguably the lightest hitting team in baseball. I can't wait to see the inevitable meltdown when he faces an actual offensive threat.

/padres fan.

McNei1y

Sanj, bring back the MLB teams list with the GAF users on em. Or you can bring back the post-Sawx collapse version since that was amazing.

BFIB

MLB Season 2012 Spring Training |OT| Everyone has a chance!

MLB Season 2012 Regular Season |OT| A select few have a chance!

Crap. Carpenter leaves camp, seeking a second opinion on his neck soreness.

Is it impossible to have Carpenter and Wainwright both healthy!?

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Stop with the |OT| bullshit. We don't do that in MLB-Age.

It's "MLB 2012 Thread of (insert crappy pun)" or bust.

Meohsix

Glad MLB backed off and let the astros put the gun back into the logo for the throwback uni.
sQ0Ht.jpg

Would have looked pretty dumb without it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom