• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-Season 2011: Only a few more weeks until the radio talks about baseball again

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that's true, the Mariners will also be playing some meaningful games in September. They've been smashing the hell out of the ball in ST so far.

Too bad it will all disappear in April.

all the stories I've read out of Seattle so far have been all positive. great young pitching, Felix wants to stay, Ackley looks great.

What the hell?

Robert Ford ‏ @raford3
Salvador Perez (through translator Brayan Pena) says he didn't send tweet about returning to KC. Says his Twitter was "hijacked" #Royals

(Robert Ford is a KC sports journalist who works for the Royals and does the post game shows)

Macattk15

all the stories I've read out of Seattle so far have been all positive. great young pitching, Felix wants to stay, Ackley looks great.

Yes, great young pitching indeed. They all won't be up this year. I definitely think Paxton and Hultzen will be though.

Mike Cameron throwing out the first pitch on opening night. That's awesome.

S1lent

I never post in here, but just want to stop by and say woohoo! M's with a .750 winning percentage in spring training!

Yeah, yeah, just let me have this.

Parch

Okay so based on spring training so far I'm going to go ahead and pencil in some meaningful games for the Blue Jays in September.

Cause spring training is the perfect indicator for how the season goes I assume?
Plus add a playoff spot and my Jays enthusiasm gets a further upgrade. Staying healthy is probably the biggest factor, especially for the pitching staff.

Okay so based on spring training so far I'm going to go ahead and pencil in some meaningful games for the Blue Jays in September.

Cause spring training is the perfect indicator for how the season goes I assume?

Spring training is like visiting a whorehouse -- it provides some relief after a prolonged period of abstinence, but it's not very meaningful, and if you're patient there's always something better on the horizon.

Fenix

I for one fully expect Lawrie to hit .591 this season.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
00595664_dance_gif.gif

Macattk15

Mariners are mashing the ball this Spring.

Why must you always get my hopes up to ultimately destroy them?

Oh and Oliver Perez fucking sucks. Grats on not being able to make the Mariners.

Parch

Fake? Awww. Stadiums full of drunk fans singing crappy team songs is baseball tradition. It should be a league rule that public embarassment is required with paid admission.

OK
Blue Jays
Lets...Play...Ball

McNei1y

Who the hell threw up on the blueprints and claimed it was supposed to look like that? I hate that we're in the NL East with them.

Blearth

Banned
Am I crazy for being in love with the whole new Marlins aesthetics?

The new logo, the home run structure, the outfield walls, the theme song (lol). I love how it's not ashamed to be as colorful as humanly fucking possible.

it does sound like something you would hear as a team song though. I honestly wouldn't mind it. Can't be worse than go cubs go.

edit: nothing is better than hearing this after a home run https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sUUjD5bL3Y and thinking of this though https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfGwe45QU64&feature=related

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tV9edXKgkqE

Clearly superior!

We don't get to hear it very often. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom