• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-Season 2011: Only a few more weeks until the radio talks about baseball again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon

Welcome back Frank! It wouldn't be the same without you. Did your copy of the The Show 2012 arrive yet via carrier pigeon from Malaysia?

And perfect time to post this story:

TC Palm via Deadspin said:
New York Mets bullpen catcher Eric Langill, 32, was charged with DUI in a single-car rollover at a traffic circle Sunday night, according to sheriff's reports.
According to law enforcement reports, tire marks indicate that the white Honda Accord turned hard to the right as it approached the intersection, causing the car to go over a curb and hit a street sign and concrete fountain at the center of the traffic circle. That caused the car to flip upside down.
Langill attempted to leave the scene on foot and was stopped by the witnesses, according to the reports. A deputy quoted Langill as initially saying the accident occurred because a car cut him off as he was going home from a bowling alley.

LOLMets off to a great start.

And here's a trivia question:

Fourteen players with four or fewer letters in their last name have hit 40 home runs in a season. How many can you name? I got 7.

Now's your chance to get back into the race, or lengthen your lead over fellow Gaffers. Don't Google the answers, otherwise, your life will feel unfulfilled!

zulux21

Fourteen players with four or fewer letters in their last name have hit 40 home runs in a season. How many can you name? I got 7.

Now's your chance to get back into the race, or lengthen your lead over fellow Gaffers. Don't Google the answers, otherwise, your life will feel unfulfilled!

I got 7 as well
Babe Ruth and Sammy Sosa, and then I got stuck on Adam Dunn and can't think about anything but how disappointing he was last season... I didn't expect him to be amazing but never that bad lol... (ten min later) getting past that Derrek Lee, Jermaine Dye, Willie Mays, Carlos Pena

Welcome back, now is there any chance we can have The MLB Show 12 Mets Edition cover please? (My preference is Gary Carter or Dickey in that order). Thanks muchly.
Here you go.

GaryCarter.jpg

garycarter2.jpg

My Dickey shops are looking very bleh, so I may request that one also.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
For real, Frank? I got to stare at that image every time I come onto this page now? (Well, I don't actually 'cause I adblocked it into oblivion, but what about the plebs who can't do that?)

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Welcome back, Frank!

In honor of you, here's some pics of Citi Field's new outfield wall:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I'm really digging those blue walls. Reminds me of Shea.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
I saw the "post the weirdest most disturbing anime gifs" thread title and my first reaction was "Frankman NOO!" then I realized that it was somebody else. Good to have you back.

Now, if the mods would kindly Free Pollo.

Who's making the season thread?

I'm "somebody else" now?

For shame.

From Rosenthal:

There are some people in the Braves organization that believe the team's 1-10 start has led to manager Fredi Gonzalez already being placed on "probation" internally. While spring training records certainly can't be taken all that seriously, losing 10 of your first 11 games isn't a good way to get back in the good graces of management with the blood of last September's collapse still on your hands.

If the Braves only play .500 or worse through June, don't expect Fredi to still be the skipper at the All-Star break.

The top internal candidate to manage the Braves should they fire Fredi mid-season would be special assistant Jim Fregosi.

For those wondering, there's no chance #6 puts the uniform on again. He loves Fredi like a son and wouldn't feel comfortable replacing him. Also, Bobby is an old-school guy and believes in keeping your word to the team no matter what. He told the team he was retired and that is that.

Fregosi, who will turn 70 on April 4, hasn't managed in the majors since 2000 when he was with the Blue Jays.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
i would love to have another manager but i hope our front office isn't judging spring training performance to make their managerial decisions.

eznark

Banned
Considering that I'm an aspiring (actual news) journalist, maybe it's bad that I am so innately full of contempt for these kinds of stories.

Better get used to carefully wording your completely made up bullshit so that it sounds like you know some inside information.

Sources who would be in a position to know tell me you'll have no problem lighting your principles on fire.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Better get used to carefully wording your completely made up bullshit so that it sounds like you know some inside information.

Sources who would be in a position to know tell me you'll have no problem lighting your principles on fire.

I'm electing to be of the David Simon variety. My sources will be named.

Here is one. This can repeat until 2035.
BonillaIMG][/QUOTE]

I am going to DESTROY you in MLB 12 for that quip. See you couldn't be humble and stay under the radar? You think I was playing all-out last year? Oh forget it, now I'm Triple H and you're a random jobber:

[IMG]http://i.minus.com/i5BOUzC7YAsE9.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom