• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-Season 2011: Only a few more weeks until the radio talks about baseball again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dontrelle Willis has been released.

I was so excited when Detroit traded for him and Miguel. It was my senior year of high school and I'll never forget that phone call from my buddy. We talked about the possibilities in Detroit for an hour and even went to his home opener against the White Sox. I've never been so disappointed by a player for any team in my life.

You cut me deep Dontrelle, real deep

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Out of curiosity, what's the largest/most active baseball-specific forum on the web?
Probably MLB.com. But I would not go near that. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy idiots and more idiots. You must be cautious.

jman2050

Pretty sure Pettitte wouldn't be able to start in the majors regardless of how much in the tank he has left. Too late in the month for that.

It'll be interesting to see if he does actually end up pitching for the team this year.

vVD49.jpg

RETURN OF DANDY ANDY.

OH MY GOD, OF ALL THE DRAMATIC THINGS <3 <3 <3

I guess this means that if Andy's good, then Freddy Garcia is going to be given his walking papers.

...and this could be a hedge against any bad starters (like if Pineda needs time in the minors, or if Kuroda is bad).

clav

Questions for those of you who play fantasy baseball:

1. Would Buster Posey be worth keeping at a cost of a first round pick in a keeper H2H league?

Was hard to hold on to him after receiving a trade for him before the 2011 season as everyone knows his leg blew up.

I don't know much about baseball, but my impression is that decent catchers are a rare breed.

------------

2. Should I also hold on to Jose Reyes for the same reason at the cost of a first/second round pick or are there any SS on the look-out in the draft?

Malo

Banned
Where does Pettitte fit in the rotation? Seems like they're already not too sure about Pineda being ready.
He won't be ready until May at the earliest with June being the most probable. So, the rotation will be intact until then. When he comes back I imagine that they let go of Garcia or trade him and Hughes being sent to the bullpen or possibly him being traded as well.

Also Pineda is a lock for the rotation unless something drastic happens like an injury or he gets bombed the rest of spring training. People are overreacting at his velocity right now, it's still spring training.

clav

A move to first base could be looming in the coming years, so watch out for that.

Is the implication of that move is he loses the catcher title and only holds 1B, not C + 1B for fantasy baseball?

I guess another thing to consider is if I'm in this for the long run although it'll be risky since I don't know if Buster Posey will return to form.

He's a young player though.

I'm going to go with not keeping him. I kept him throughout the whole season last year after his season ending injury because I didn't want anyone to get a freebie keeper for this season.

JambiBum

He won't be ready until May at the earliest with June being the most probable. So, the rotation will be intact until then. When he comes back I imagine that they let go of Garcia or trade him and Hughes being sent to the bullpen or possibly him being traded as well.

Also Pineda is a lock for the rotation unless something drastic happens like an injury or he gets bombed the rest of spring training. People are overreacting at his velocity right now, it's still spring training.

In the report I read about Andy coming back they were saying that there is a chance that Pineda might move down to the minors for the start of the season.

Also, apparently Andy has been throwing BP for the team and got the itch to come back. It will be interesting to see how long he stays in the minors getting ready.

clav

I'm keeping Michael Morse as I drafted him free agent, so that's a no brainer.

Now about Jose Reyes.

Hm.

Is he worth at a cost of a first-rounder?

Seems old and may be injury prone despite his performance last season.

lucius

I rather take a chance with Pettitte than Garcia as long as he looks ok. Pineda is not being sent down to minors unless something weird happens.

Questions for those of you who play fantasy baseball:

1. Would Buster Posey be worth keeping at a cost of a first round pick in a keeper H2H league?

Was hard to hold on to him after receiving a trade for him before the 2011 season as everyone knows his leg blew up.

I don't know much about baseball, but my impression is that decent catchers are a rare breed.

------------

2. Should I also hold on to Jose Reyes for the same reason at the cost of a first/second round pick or are there any SS on the look-out in the draft?

How many players do you keep? That's important.

ZeroRay

I was so excited when Detroit traded for him and Miguel. It was my senior year of high school and I'll never forget that phone call from my buddy. We talked about the possibilities in Detroit for an hour and even went to his home opener against the White Sox. I've never been so disappointed by a player for any team in my life.

You cut me deep Dontrelle, real deep

At least you got Miguel out of the trade.

We got the equivalent of shit.

Alright Royals vs Brewers. I think I'll start out by listening to the Brewers feed for the first few innings.

EDIT: Also, Sal Perez is out for 12-14 weeks :( FUKK

Malo

Banned
In the report I read about Andy coming back they were saying that there is a chance that Pineda might move down to the minors for the start of the season.

Also, apparently Andy has been throwing BP for the team and got the itch to come back. It will be interesting to see how long he stays in the minors getting ready.
If Pineda starts the season in the Minors that would be really dumb.
628uR.jpg

Let's rock.
<3

ESPN's article said Pettitte "wasn't ready to accept" a $10 million offer in December. He said he needed six weeks and Cashman said he didn't have six weeks. They ended up giving the $10 million to Kuroda and acquired Pineda all in one swoop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom