• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-Season 2011: Only a few more weeks until the radio talks about baseball again

Status
Not open for further replies.
That report on Marlins/Fielder is fucking garbage. Unless Heath Bell and Mark Buerhle are Latin icons and no one told me.

It's more who they would replace, Bell is being brought in because the are unsure of Nunez's status. They only have 3 starters unless Vasquez comes back so they need two.

Fielder would replace Gaby Sanchez who if he lives up to projections can bring in Latin viewers and has ties to Miami and UM. Hell he's the son of Cuban immigrants.

Chris R

Man... Mariners are going to need to step up their game.

Though I guess being in 4th place for the next 5 or 6 years isn't that bad. At least they wouldn't be dead last after this year (lets go Astros!!!!!)

It's more who they would replace, Bell is being brought in because the are unsure of Nunez's status. They only have 3 starters unless Vasquez comes back so they need two.

Fielder would replace Gaby Sanchez who if he lives up to projections can bring in Latin viewers and has ties to Miami and UM. Hell he's the son of Cuban immigrants.

I love Gaby, and he's our hometown guy, but I don't know if he will ever be a Prince Fielder type hitter.

What made the Pujols possiblity so crazy was having both Pujols AND Mike Stanton back to back in the lineup. Marlins can still have it with Fielder.

Macattk15

The only thing the Mariners have to counter Pujols is Michael Pineda throwing as hard as he can into Pujols' ear.

Come onnnnn Michael!

Jangocube

Banned
Kendry Morales, whats the latest on him? Is he still not recovering well from his celebration injury? The dude was turning into a great hitter.

Yet the Mets will still win more games than the Orioles in 2012 and you'll disappear for months again.

I disappeared for a little over a month because I was traveling in Europe and was getting engaged to another Orioles fan(oh the horror). I didn't bail because the Orioles sucked. Once our hero, Brian Roberts, went down, I knew it was going to be a typical Orioles season

Malo

Banned
Cashman on Pujols signing.

*yankee troll face*

(someone post it please, I can't find it!)
Perhaps its time to bring back my old cashman avy.

ujiiU.jpg

Kendry Morales, whats the latest on him? Is he still not recovering well from his celebration injury? The dude was turning into a great hitter.

I cannot believe he has missed over a season and a half because of getting injured during a walk-off home run celebration.

Shit has to be so embarassing.

jehuty

Hey Eznark, some guy on the Jsonline boards named Brewcrewjon
just said that the brewers have signed Alex Gonzalez. Apparently this guy
is known to have inside sources. Not that it matters to me (i'm a Yankees Fan :)).
Just thought you'd like to know.

Jangocube

Banned
I cannot believe he has missed over a season and a half because of getting injured during a walk-off home run celebration.

Shit has to be so embarassing.

Is he still not recovering well from it? I can't find any current updates on him that goes into any detail. If he came back at all this season and returned to form, that lineup is pretty damn good.

Just have to throw this in there about Morales. In one of my fantasy leagues(this is where you stop reading) I traded him and Matt Holiday for Pujols. Then traded Pujols for Miguel Cabrera and Jered Weaver. Ok, brag over.

Hey Eznark, some guy on the Jsonline boards named Brewcrewjon
just said that the brewers have signed Alex Gonzalez. Apparently this guy
is known to have inside sources. Not that it matters to me (i'm a Yankees Fan :)).
Just thought you'd like to know.

Ugh. I'd hope they would shoot slightly higher than that. Gonzalez is just a slightly better fielding Yuni.

rage1973

As an Angels fans I am completely psyched about the upcoming season. Watching the lackluster Angel's offense last two season has been pretty boring. So with CJ Wilson does that put Angel's starting pitching ahead of the Philies?

Sanjuro

As an Angels fans I am completely psyched about the upcoming season. Watching the lackluster Angel's offense last two season has been pretty boring. So with CJ Wilson does that put Angel's starting pitching ahead of the Philies?

No. I mean, yes. Maybe. No.

Bob Nightengale: Marlins offered 10 years, $275 million. The deal also had home run incentives that would have increased the value to $300 million (basically identical to A-Rod's deal). Pujols didn't take it because they wouldn't give him a no-trade clause.

Ken Rosenthal: Marlins offer to C.J. Wilson was 6 years, $100 million.

Pujols is a dumbass if that's true. He would have had a no trade after 5 years anyway. What are the odds that the Marlins would try to trade that contract within the first 5 years?

This doesn't comprehend. I wake up to find Pujols on the Angels? Wait, what?

Mariners please for the love of God sign Prince... please.

Jangocube

Banned

Nah.

I'd still rather have Halladay, Lee, and Hamels over Weaver, Haren, Santana, and Wilson.

Man... Mariners are going to need to step up their game.

Though I guess being in 4th place for the next 5 or 6 years isn't that bad. At least they wouldn't be dead last after this year (lets go Astros!!!!!)

The one thing we shouldn't do is try to break the bank by signing Fielder. We've already got a deficit of talent on our team, signing Fielder alone wouldn't make up that difference and now that they've got both Wilson and Pujols.

It would be nice to have a legitimate slugger on our team but I don't know how you top two juggernauts of a team in Texas and Anaheim.

Macattk15

The one thing we shouldn't do is try to break the bank by signing Fielder. We've already got a deficit of talent on our team, signing Fielder alone wouldn't make up that difference and now that they've got both Wilson and Pujols.

It would be nice to have a legitimate slugger on our team but I don't know how you top two juggernauts of a team in Texas and Anaheim.

We're just gonna have to go the Tampa Bay route! Several years in the cellar harvesting draft picks ... least we've got a head start on it!

G AB R H TB 2B 3B HR RBI BB IBB SO SB CS AVG OBP SLG OPS GO/AO
149 539 65 137 257 31 1 29 87 25 6 120 9 4 254 . 291 . 477 .768 1.26

so what will they do with Trumbo now?

Pujols is a dumbass if that's true. He would have had a no trade after 5 years anyway. What are the odds that the Marlins would try to trade that contract within the first 5 years?
Maybe he didn't feel comfortable in an organization run by Jeffrey Loria and his sidekick, David Samson. As a former Expos fan, both guys seem pretty shady.

rage1973

G AB R H TB 2B 3B HR RBI BB IBB SO SB CS AVG OBP SLG OPS GO/AO
149 539 65 137 257 31 1 29 87 25 6 120 9 4 254 . 291 . 477 .768 1.26

so what will they do with Trumbo now?

He's working over the winter on playing the 3rd base position.
We will see how that works out since he used to play 3rd base earlier in his minor league career. Between Pujols, Morales and their logjam at outfield, there is no position for him other than 3rd base.

I don't know dude, I think they need to do something big. I love Jack Z and trust that he'll make the right decision, Prince or not, but to me if they don't sign Prince they'll just be stuck in mediocrity for years to come.

I know the landscape of things has changed now with Pujols and all, but I still believe that in about 2 years we have the potential to have one of the best rotations in baseball. If we don't start doing things to dramatically improve the offense (Prince), we'll waste it.

eznark

Banned
Ugh. I'd hope they would shoot slightly higher than that. Gonzalez is just a slightly better fielding Yuni.

Suggestions?

FYI, just heard from a second "inside source" that is of dubious quality the Brewers are in fact on the cusp of signing him. Take that for what it is worth, which is essentially not a lot. This guy has been wrong as often as right, despite his position which should afford him some knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom