• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-season Thread 2015-2016 IOTI Back to the Future was a lie

Sanjuro

My bartender just opened the first fresh package...

1zwi9CR.jpg

:'(

zulux21

Ichiro arrives at Marlins camp with a shirt that says "Life begins at 42."

http://www.sanspo.com/baseball/photos/20160223/mlb16022322490013-p1.html

He's told the Buffaloes he wants to play until he's 51. The Buffs would probably let him do it, hah.

--------------

Jung Ho Kang is taking swings with the main group at Bucs camp in Bradenton today, very positive sign that he will start Opening Day. Please.

man I hope he gets his 65 hits this year.

imagine how he might be going for 4500 hits if he had been a high school draft pick that got to the majors at 20 instead of an international signing that got to the majors at 27.

Fowler to O's, 3 year deal

thank god, now I don't have to worry that the white sox sign him.

The Mets players’ lot features two Maseratis (Matt Harvey and Antonio Bastardo) and plenty of souped-up trucks. But all of them looked like Ford Tempos parked next to what Cespedes brought to work. The motorcycle is just one in Cespedes’ impressive car collection, which includes a Lamborghini that’s tricked out to spit fire.

Oh.

Lexxism

TSN’s Rick Westhead reported the demand as US$150-million over five years; Bautista, in Dunedin, denied it. A team source, tellingly, let slip to the Star’s Richard Griffin that the number was actually higher.

lmao.

The best part of this Bautista crap is the Jays media flip flop. They went from calling him the smartest guy in baseball to him being the dumbest in the space of like 8 hours.

And ultimately, Rogers benefits from having the face of the franchise turn heel.

Oh, that chapter is over. Even if this stuff didn't happen, the 'face' of the Jays was already shifting away from Bautista and Edwing and over to Donaldson and Tulowitzki. That probably played a part in Bautista's decison to make his demands public.

I think he's moved for some prospects.

Oh, that chapter is over. Even if this stuff didn't happen, the 'face' of the Jays was already shifting away from Bautista and Edwing and over to Donaldson and Tulowitzki. That probably played a part in Bautista's decison to make his demands public.

I think he's moved for some prospects.

I would say the face of the franchise, at least marketing wise, is Martin. He is probably the ultimate tool Rogers has in the box; a clean cut Good Ol' Canadian Boy to be shilled for the general market in the GTA. Certainly a better fit then the douchebro vibes Lawrie gave off.

Too much drama. Trading Bautista should be a priority. Bautista + Encarnacion would return a massive package.

They are contending this year, there's no point in trading them, unless it's a complete disaster.

Just let Jose test the FA market, he'll find out what he's worth.

BFIB

Well, at least we can take solace in that fact that Joey Bats could be the "worst contract" in MLB in a year or two. As for this year, that honor goes to Albert Pujols of the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim California, Planet Earth.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Well, at least we can take solace in that fact that Joey Bats could be the "worst contract" in MLB in a year or two. As for this year, that honor goes to Albert Pujols of the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim California, Planet Earth.
But what of Robinson Cano?

zroid

Banned
I'm almost starting to think Bautista doesn't actually want to sign an extension now. That's the reason he proposed such an outlandish amount, management asked him "what would it take" so he answered something which would certainly do it but he didn't actually expect to get done.

I always figured he would want to go to free agency anyway, that's just his personality.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Mike Puma ‏@NYPost_Mets 2m2 minutes ago

A settlement has been reached on Hansel Robles' suspension from last season. He will now serve a two-game suspension, not three.

Top Bottom