• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-season Thread 2015-2016 IOTI Back to the Future was a lie

Beckx

CcBLK-eVIAA-fDr.jpg

I'm at a loss for words.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Posted?

"Gallardo restructure deal at 2 yrs, $22M with club option for 2018. Club has not confirmed."

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
I find it unsurprising that those who are anti-analytics have no idea what it even is in the first place

If two numbers get in a fight, one number must lose. Numbers only win half the time QED nerds!!
The thing is though that there's a lot of money and platform to be gained by arguing against statistics and basic math. There's a large and lucrative market for that.

Posted?

"Gallardo restructure deal at 2 yrs, $22M with club option for 2018. Club has not confirmed."

Saw that on my keeper league notes. Due to elbow issues? I thought I was getting a steal at $3.5m (Auction). Guess not

Also, Brandon Phillips. He must really love the Reds to block a trade to the DBacks & Nationals?

E: Also page two. XIA you letting us down staying on page one :p

Francoeur is wearing #18 for the Braves. The Braves are expected to release Nick Swisher if they can't trade him by the end of spring training. Francoeur's pretty much going to make the team unless he just has a totally brutal spring.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Francoeur is wearing #18 for the Braves. The Braves are expected to release Nick Swisher if they can't trade him by the end of spring training. Francoeur's pretty much going to make the team unless he just has a totally brutal spring.
why

rando14

Soon enough, you can make it back up to #6!

NyblW1K.gif

Beckx

New sliding rule for sliding into 2nd

It's a start but it seems to retain the ability to slide sideways with your legs out of the base path (which is prevented under the college rule that requires your body to be in the line between 1st and 2nd).

Basically they are saying the Utley slide is outlawed but the Coghlan slide is allowed?

Malo

Banned
:jnc poor O's

The cubs have insane depth. I guess this means Fowler in center and Heyward back to right. One of Baez/Soler is getting traded, right?

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Sources: There will be a timed 30-second clock for pitcher mound visits from managers/coaches that starts immediately when they exit dugout.

In addition to 30-second mound-visit clock, between-innings clock going from 2:25 to 2:05. MLB is trying to shave game time with easy fixes.

Penalty for exceeding the 30-second clock is ... a visit from umpire. No automatic ball. But mechanism is in place to encourage fast visits.

@jeffpassan

Top Bottom