• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-season Thread 2015-2016 IOTI Back to the Future was a lie

Beckx

Wait, Fowler was scheduled to take a physical at Orioles camp today and the first the Os heard about it was when he showed up at Cubs camp??

LOL I wonder who decided to go that route and not even have a courtesy call, player or agent.

Wait, Fowler was scheduled to take a physical at Orioles camp today and the first the Os heard about it was when he showed up at Cubs camp??

LOL I wonder who decided to go that route and not even have a courtesy call, player or agent.

Damn that is cold :lol

BFIB

Epstein still screwing the AL East.

Aaron Sanchez before and after

u9AFu2o.png

dat ass

He's on the wrong side of the battery.

bebop242

Just woke up with the Fowler news on my Facebook and was all sorts of wtf. I was always holding hope the Cubs would bring him back until he "signed" with Baltimore. There are going to be obscene batting orders for this team. Can't wait.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I don't blame the Orioles for not giving away a draft pick for what could possibly be a one year deal.

What a dick move by Fowler though.

Sources: There will be a timed 30-second clock for pitcher mound visits from managers/coaches that starts immediately when they exit dugout.

In addition to 30-second mound-visit clock, between-innings clock going from 2:25 to 2:05. MLB is trying to shave game time with easy fixes.

Penalty for exceeding the 30-second clock is ... a visit from umpire. No automatic ball. But mechanism is in place to encourage fast visits.

@jeffpassan

lol i think it takes some of these guys 30 seconds just to get to the pitchers mound

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://www.todaysknuckleball.com/na...tewart-q-diamondbacks-78-win-projection-joke/

Q: Have you seen the preseason predictions, Dave, that have you winning 78 and 79 games? Do you put much stock in that stuff?

Stewart: “I don’t.
Last year they had us losing 96, if I’m not mistaken, and we ended up winning 15 more games than we did the year before. I’ve gotta think that we’re going to win … we won 79 last year without Greinke, without Shelby Miller, without Clippard in our bullpen. I’ve gotta think we are a better team than we were last year coming into the season. And if we’re only going to win 78 games, good, then nobody has to worry about us. I can appreciate that. But we still have to get out and we still have to play. We got out and we play the game and we see what happens after that.”

Q: Does that make any sense to you? You add Greinke, you add Miller, and the math boys say you are not going to win any more games?

Stewart: “Jack, I think out there there are a lot of people that don’t want us to win.
For those people that don’t want us to win, that’s OK. We’re still going to play the game the same way. We embrace the challenge every day of coming out and playing and doing the things that we’re capable of doing. And those who think that we’re a 78-win team, you know what? That’s what they think. When you start making predictions like that and you keep coming up wrong, you lose credibility.”

Q: Why do you think there are people who want you to lose?

Stewart: “I think the way that we do things.
We’re a baseball team here. We believe in our team and how we play the game. I just think, in everything, there is always everyone who doesn’t want to see you do well. Obviously, anybody who says we can only win 78 games, they’re either not thinking or they’re not believing that what we have here is a team that’s capable of winning more games than that. So when I say that there are people out there who do not want us to win, that’s a prime example of that. To think we will only win 78 games? That’s a joke.”

Q: Do you think they are taking a shot at the old school, fundamental approach?

Stewart: “I try not to even think with people like that. I try to think with the people who think logically. And if you are thinking logically and we won 79 games last year, with the additions of Greinke, Miller, Clippard, Segura, people that make your team better, I think it is impossible for us to only win 78 games.
Like I said, they predicted we would lose 96 last year.”

Q: They predicted Kansas City to win 72 last year.

Stewart: “So, there you go with the predictors. I wouldn’t go to them to read my future, I’ll tell you that.”

Henry just fired the mathboys, the counter revolution is in full swing!

After those mathboys won that organization 3 chips.

Can't say I'm surprised considering the local media guys are all as anti-sabr as it gets. Which is weird.

I heard some commentators saying Boston was blaming analytics for Pablo and Hanley, which seems... off

Ah so this is their way of blaming Ben Cherrington without actually blaming Ben Cherrington (which is dumb because it was Larry Lucchino who wanted both).

Top Bottom