• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-season Thread 2015-2016 IOTI Back to the Future was a lie

GoutPatrol

Forgotten in his cell
Greatest show on netflix?

UQx0CXT.jpg

Did Steve get cheek implants?

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
But he was getting 3 years guaranteed to play everyday with an already talented lineup, in a competitive division. He's taking a huge risk because if he has a down year as a 4th OFer, he's gonna get lower than what Baltimore offered.

Isn't next year's free agency class going to be weaker? Take a year with the Cubs, who have a shot at going deep into the postseason, and take advantage of the weaker class. Seems like a smart move.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
My only interests in this Fowler business are

1) does this make it more likely that Atlanta gets a Baez or Soler?
2) Do the Orioles want Markakis back now?

billeh

But he was getting 3 years guaranteed to play everyday with an already talented lineup, in a competitive division. He's taking a huge risk because if he has a down year as a 4th OFer, he's gonna get lower than what Baltimore offered.
He's pretty much a lock in center barring a massive downturn. Soler against lefties in left, Schwarber against lefties (as well as catching now and then). Injuries are another variable, of course. Also gives the FO room to make a move with Soler if we can get some young pitching.

And the whole potentially 'breaking the curse' thing on arguably the best team on paper in the league.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
George Springer, Carlos Correa, Jake Arrieta, Francisco Lindor,Marcus Stroman, Javy Baez, Carlos Beltran and Yadier Molina have all confirmed they will play for Puerto Rico in 2017 WBC. Correa announced it on his Twitter

Springers mom is from PR.
Arrieta grandfather is from PR.
Stromans mom was born in PR.

Is Italy in it that year? I should try out for them. My mom is from Italy. :p

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Star Wars gay thread, basically said that to make the character an actual character and not simply the token gay character, which is a valid thing to say IMO

Nope, looks like he just got heated in that NY welfare thread and got hit for personal attacks. Seems to be just for a week though.

BigAT

https://cdn.slantnews.com/articles/e314d280-367e-11e5-ba31-95f81cdc5bb7/e314d281-367e-11e5-ba31-95f81cdc5bb7/media_6a8ab820-36d8-11e5-ba31-95f81cdc5bb7.gif[img]

RIP[/QUOTE]

This would seem like the more appropriate Met.

[IMG]http://blogcdn.champssports.com/assets/2014/09/mejia.gif

rekameohs

Banned
D-backs sign Rickie Weeks to minor league deal.

Ha, that just reminds me of the 2011 HR Derby when the whole stadium was booing Prince for selecting him over Upton. Good times.

Beckx

You know generally I tend to agree with how the Bucs manage salary but they do so many stupid penny pinching things that only anger players.

Latest: the 2016 salary they offered Cole initially was a decrease from his 2015 salary. Ultimately they just gave him 2015 + 10K for making all star team for a total of 541K.

I'm sure they know they have no chance of signing him when he's a free agent but there's no point in antagonizing him for peanuts in the meantime.

You know generally I tend to agree with how the Bucs manage salary but they do so many stupid penny pinching things that only anger players.

Latest: the 2016 salary they offered Cole initially was a decrease from his 2015 salary. Ultimately they just gave him 2015 + 10K for making all star team for a total of 541K.

I'm sure they know they have no chance of signing him when he's a free agent but there's no point in antagonizing him for peanuts in the meantime.

As much as the Buccos are good now, I get the feeling they are precariously hanging on the thread of of going back to being mediocre because they don't want to sign their players to big, long term deals.

I wonder what it will take for Cutch to leave?

jbug617

Banned
Eduardo Rodriguez got hurt yesterday during a drill. His cleat got caught when he was running off the mound. MRI results says no real damage just has swelling. Going to be out for 3 days.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Desmond has had a rough couple years. Hope he fired his agent a while ago.

Also just dont get the logic of teams who want to move a SS to a corner OF, the guys that make these switches never have the bat to justify a move like that, the positional value gap is just huge.

harSon

Banned
As much as the Buccos are good now, I get the feeling they are precariously hanging on the thread of of going back to being mediocre because they don't want to sign their players to big, long term deals.

I wonder what it will take for Cutch to leave?

Our farm system is good enough to be competitive for a while. It'd suck to lose Cutch, but we'll likely have Marte and Polanco through 2020 - and we have an absolute stud in Austin Meadows coming up around the time Cutch is slated to be a free agent.

The reason we were mediocre for so long is the fact that we couldn't judge talent worth a shit, so our farm system was consistently awful on top of being a small market team.

Beckx

what harson says. Farm is good, front office is good. competitive within budget.

Cutch will not re-sign with the Bucs either. I want him to get his payday anyway, not give up money for "loyalty"

Teams like the Pirates and A's can't afford to sign guys to big long-term deals. They have to continually improve from within. Cutch is a bit of an exception, guy might be the best Pirate since Paul Waner, and that's including Clemente.

But they can't do much more than that really. Gotta continually rebuild.

harSon

Banned
Teams like the Pirates and A's can't afford to sign guys to big long-term deals. They have to continually improve from within. Cutch is a bit of an exception, guy might be the best Pirate since Paul Waner, and that's including Clemente.

But they can't do much more than that really. Gotta continually rebuild.

Are you forgetting that we had Bonds :D? No worries, Pirates fans try to forget that fact too.

And there's definitely no way we sign Cutch again. He already did the team a solid by signing the first time for a disgustingly team friendly contract.

Are you forgetting that we had Bonds :D? No worries, Pirates fans try to forget that fact too.

And there's definitely no way we sign Cutch again. He already did the team a solid by signing the first time for a disgustingly team friendly contract.

Heh. Yeah, I totally did forget Bonds. Doh.

zroid

Banned
This is my new favourite quote:

[Donaldson] would scream at Tulo, who was playing in the AL for the first time, “This is the big-boy league! This isn’t facing the Phillies at Coors Field!”

Top Bottom