• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-season Thread 2015-2016 IOTI Back to the Future was a lie

Bum got a haircut:

MueIuDW.jpg

"kill me"

Beckx

Has the NPB gotten their video streaming services right, or is it still segregated?

Central League does not have a service and likely won't as long as the current chair of the Giants is alive. Unless the other teams get fed up and force something which seems highly unlikely.

Pacific League is better anyway though.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeyman

There's an expectation aroldis chapman suspension decision will come this week, possibly early in the week.

Mike Puma ‏@NYPost_Mets

Curtis Granderson departed because of a medical issue. Mets not commenting yet.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. -- Since arriving for his guest appearance at a familiar Spring Training spot last week, Andruw Jones has been announced as one of this year's inductees to the Braves Hall of Fame, and he has enjoyed the opportunity to mentor some of Atlanta's young outfielders.

Jones' contributions led the Braves to hire him as a special assistant to the baseball operations department on Monday morning. When the regular season begins, the 10-time Gold Glove Award winner will continue to work with outfielders throughout the organization and also aid with some international initiatives.
Mallex Smith to become 20 time gold glover confirmed.

http://m.braves.mlb.com/news/article/165726322/braves-hire-andruw-jones-as-special-assistant

Wow, the Marlins payroll is so small. And how much is that wrapped up in Stanton?

At least Ozzie Guillen's contract finally came off the books this year! Oh wait the Marlins are now paying two former managers (Mike Redmond through 2017 and Dan Jennings through 2018).

Stanton is only making $9 million this year. His contract is heavily backloaded and he doesn't start making big money until 2018.

At least Ozzie Guillen's contract finally came off the books this year! Oh wait the Marlins are now paying two former managers (Mike Redmond through 2017 and Dan Jennings through 2018).

Stanton is only making $9 million this year. His contract is heavily backloaded and he doesn't start making big money until 2018.

Dan Jennings... Manager..

popcorn-laugh-o.gif

Shit that still gets me.

I see. So I should check back in 2018 to see the hilarity of the Marlins budget?

Does MLB.TV offer free games of the day for Spring Training games? I'm holding off on buying a subscription this year until I can see if certain issues have been worked out (last year had a major problem with the stream skipping backwards often).

Desmond has had a rough couple years. Hope he fired his agent a while ago.

Also just dont get the logic of teams who want to move a SS to a corner OF, the guys that make these switches never have the bat to justify a move like that, the positional value gap is just huge.

Because the teams that have players do these things probably don't understand positional value.

I mean this is the Rangers, they definitely are not one of the smarter organizations.

Has the NPB gotten their video streaming services right, or is it still segregated?

It is usually pretty easy to find streams on UStream. Some of the teams even have official streams for Spring Training.

Dodgers' pitching staff makes more than the 13 most frugal teams :lol

How are the Mets and As paying $0 for catcher?

The A's catchers are both making the ML minimum.

Doogdogg

Does MLB.TV offer free games of the day for Spring Training games? I'm holding off on buying a subscription this year until I can see if certain issues have been worked out (last year had a major problem with the stream skipping backwards often).

No it doesn't. Spring training games are also televise on MLB Network.

ampere

5QElAtQ.png

http://i.imgur.com/JwXkdVP.png[img]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/aU3mUsz.png[img]

[url]http://www.spotrac.com/mlb/payroll/[/url][/QUOTE]

I hope that $90M on pitching actually helps. Can we give up less than 5 runs per game this year? Please?

Beckx

LOL. Trevor Hoffman not only helped Otani learn a changeup at the Fighters Arizona camp, he convinced Fighters closer Masui to make AC/DC's Hells Bells his walk out song.

Top Bottom