• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-season Thread 2015-2016 IOTI Back to the Future was a lie

zroid

Banned
GiVEhdK.png

lololololololol

zroid

Banned
Was just listening to a podcast with David Aardsma on as a guest, what an awesome, smart/funny dude. Hope he makes the team.

After the injury to Jhonny Peralta, the Cardinals supposedly contacted the Braves about Erick Aybar. The Braves pretty much asked for an impossible price for Aybar, which meant they don't want to trade him. Aybar's in the final year of his contract, but the Braves probably want to keep him to dangle at the trade deadline.

Is it even fun to go to live NFL games. I only did that when I was a kid. NFL at home is were it is at. Eat whatever I want too! (like hotdogs with ketchup)

Yes it's fun, depending on the stadium and the tailgating situation.

Charger and Cardinals games are great, fantastic tailgating, chill fans. Santa Clara and Oakland? Yeah, no. LA this year? HELL NO I imagine they won't allow tailgating so as people don't get shot pre game.

But yeah, if you're eating food in the NFL stadium you are absolutely doing it wrong. The best food at an NFL stadium is in the parking lot.

Fox318

The people preventing baseballs culture change is the players not the fans or owners.

Maybe stop pitchers throwing at dudes heads if they think he flipped a bat.

Beckx

steph curry is the best example, i haven't cared about the nba in years and i will turn on epsn just to watch him play and celebrate ridiculous shots.

The people preventing baseballs culture change is the players not the fans or owners.

eject the dude for a dangerous pitch and problem solved, but we can't even get a clear 2B rule because the union argues about "how they've been taught to play the game."

BFIB

agreed. This is the time when baseball can regain young fans. the young talent is at an all-time high. lets them celebrate. how great was Bautista's bat flip in the playoffs. Sports all about tweetable moments.
Such a disgrace. He should have set the bat down, ran the bases quickly, give a mid-5 at 3B, crossed home plate with his head down, no pointing to the sky, and get to the dugout to prepare for his duties in the outfield.

Notice how most of those players talking about respect of the game are often times white?

...yeah. I dare you to find a Dominican or black player that cares about 'how the game is played'

I have to agree man. NFL live does not seem fun at all. if anything go for the tailgate then GTFO

Tailgates are awesome, but yeah NFL is the worst sport IMO to watch live. Even with decent seats, the game doesn't feel as fast/hard as it does on TV, and all of the fucking breaks and timeouts are much more noticeable when you are sitting there with shit-all to do. I'd much rather be at home watching on a bigscreen in HD.

Also Bryce Harper for Commish. IT's amazing that a 22 year old has more sense than the old fucks who are ruining the sport.

Beckx

Such a disgrace. He should have set the bat down, ran the bases quickly, give a mid-5 at 3B, crossed home plate with his head down, no pointing to the sky, and get to the dugout to prepare for his duties in the outfield.

rekt

CdMeNWxXEAAqeZ6.jpg

"hey buddy, how's that glass of wine?"

POsted this in NHLgaf as well

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Daily/Morning-Buzz/2016/03/10/yahoo-NHL.aspx

The NHL and MLBAM have struck a multiyear deal with Yahoo in which the online portal will show weekly live out-of-market NHL games for free on its various digital platforms. Starting with tomorrow’s Flyers-Lightning game, Yahoo will live stream up to four NHL games per week on its various online and mobile extensions without any cable subscription or user authentication, as well as continuing to offer Wednesday and Sunday national NHL games in collaboration with digital partner NBC Sports. Financial terms were not disclosed, but Yahoo paid a licensing fee to MLBAM for the NHL content and will control advertising sales around the initiative.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Drinking wine at a baseball game? Giants-GAF you have some explaining to do.

You cater to your crowd. Let the rich Silicon Valley money sitting by the field get their wine and sushi, people in the bleachers are fine with their overpriced beers and Caribbean BBQ bowls!

Garlic fries for everyone tho.

You cater to your crowd. Let the rich Silicon Valley money sitting by the field get their wine and sushi, people in the bleachers are fine with their overpriced beers and Caribbean BBQ bowls!

In Oakland there are hot dogs, nachos and cheap beer. Oh, and people who know baseball.

OAK>>>>SF

I went to a bunch of Giants games when I lived in SF and I was amazed by the food options you could get delivered to your seats if you sat down at field level. Definitely the best part of going to a Giants game.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
In Oakland there are hot dogs, nachos and cheap beer.

I attended an A's game in a luxury suite back in 2014, The food options were just as limited in there!

And don't forget the poor sewage facilities!

As for the fans, success always brings in the bandwagoners. But there's still a decent core of knowledgeable fans who powered through the desert of post-Bonds pre-Posey seasons. And the atmosphere of a packed game at AT&T, particularly during the playoffs, is still top-tier.

I attended an A's game in a luxury suite back in 2014, The food options were just as limited in there!

And don't forget the poor sewage facilities!

As for the fans, success always brings in the bandwagoners. But there's still a decent core of knowledgeable fans who powered through the desert of post-Bonds pre-Posey seasons. And the atmosphere of a packed game at AT&T, particularly during the playoffs, is still top-tier.

Suite food is pretty terrible compared to... anywhere. Sewage in the dugout is a unique feature, kind of like the waterfall in Anaheim.

Yup Giants fans have filled PacBell/AT&T whatever it's called since it popped up. But back in the day... hoooo boy. Mid 70s were some bad, bad times at the Stick. Thank goodness the team didn't move to Tampa like they were very close to doing in the 80s!

I just wish Giants games were easy to get to via airport. I fly up for 2-3 A's games a year, would love to do the same for the Giants, but a half hour cab or BART ride makes that a bit of a bummer. Great yard though. Only 2nd to Pittsburgh in my book.

LevelNth

Banned
Goose Gossage said:
"It is a joke," Gossage said. "The game is becoming a freaking joke because of the nerds who are running it.

"I'll tell you what has happened, these guys played rotisserie baseball at Harvard or wherever the f--- they went and they thought they figured the f---ing game out. They don't know s---.

"A bunch of f---ing nerds running the game. You can't slide into second base. You can't take out the f---ing catcher because [Buster] Posey was in the wrong position and they are going to change all the rules. You can't pitch inside anymore. I'd like to knock some of these f---ers on their ass and see how they would do against pitchers in the old days."

"Ryan Braun is a f---ing steroid user. He gets a standing ovation on Opening Day in Milwaukee. How do you explain that to your kid after throwing people under the bus and lying through his f---ing teeth? They don't have anyone passing the f---ing torch to these people.

"If I had acted like that, you don't go in that f---ing dugout. There are going to be 20 f---ing guys waiting for you."
Amazing rant.

"Ryan Braun is a f---ing steroid user. He gets a standing ovation on Opening Day in Milwaukee. How do you explain that to your kid after throwing people under the bus and lying through his f---ing teeth?

Good for him for saying this part. That Braun thing was fucking horrible. The guy lied and tried to get an innocent person fired from his job to coverup his own fuck up.

Top Bottom