• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-season Thread 2015-2016 IOTI Back to the Future was a lie

BB looking like its the 90s again

CdMc7tuXEAAICig.jpg:large

He could probably get back in the league right now and be an above-average hitter still too

He could walk on to a big league club and hit .250 with a flat hundo wRC+ right now I fully believe that.

Gossage needs people to know his era of baseball was "the best" so that he can cling to his relevance for as long as humanly possible because well, the world forgot about him 20 years ago.

LOL at you can't pitch inside anymore. I think that has more to do with the fact that guys learned to pull inside pitches because hitting coaches have this shit down to a science now, than it does any demonstrative changes in the game.

Fox318

Notice how most of those players talking about respect of the game are often times white?

...yeah. I dare you to find a Dominican or black player that cares about 'how the game is played'

ehh I think you find a blend between professionalism and showmenship.

I know I don't want shit like dugout brawls and fights everyweek.

Fox318

Plus I think each team should be able to dictate their own sports culture.

The professionalism, clean focused image, and passion on winning has been something integral to the Yankees.

Even if that image is false when the players are off the field that is the Yankee way.

But a team like the Mets celebrates the 86 team that was pretty much a Betty Ford Clinic Baseball Club.

If a team wants to be brazen with their celebrations I don't think they should be stopped nor should they have to fear constant balls chasing their heads.

Notice how most of those players talking about respect of the game are often times white?

...yeah. I dare you to find a Dominican or black player that cares about 'how the game is played'

David Price? Chris Archer? :lol

Its not just white people who talk about the respect of the game. It's just that when a white player does something that "disrespect the game" the reaction is totally different than when a Hispanic or black player does it.

BFIB

The professionalism, clean focused image, and passion on winning has been something integral to the Yankees.

Even if that image is false when the players are off the field that is the Yankee way.

But a team like the Mets celebrates the 86 team that was pretty much a Betty Ford Clinic Baseball Club.

If a team wants to be brazen with their celebrations I don't think they should be stopped nor should they have to fear constant balls chasing their heads.

This should be required reading.

51pJ6ykpc6L.jpg

Baseball is played with joy and enthusiasm every where but The U.S. Imagine the outrage if Baseball actually had a lot of young African Americans playing baseball.

zroid

Banned
I didn't know the Jays got that ambidextrous pitcher. Now I want him to make the team.

I think he has a pretty good chance to, although he might not be used in those situations all that much. Last season he was very successful pitching lefty on lefties. Righty on righty he was decent. He got lit up by switch hitters. Might be a good LOOGY, who could stay in for one or two more batters if they aren't switch hitters. I definitely wouldn't put him out against a switch hitter tho.

I didn't know the Jays got that ambidextrous pitcher. Now I want him to make the team.

Think about this though.. Pat Venditte couldn't hang on in the gas can of a bullpen that was Oakland last year.

However, since the Jays are A's East, I approve of this working out and Venditte sticking around.

This is actually quite true, I find.

So who stoled Goose Gossage's hot dog? That article on him ranting.. Lol. Someone told him he couldn't have mustard, ketchup, and relish as his choice of toppings

Parch

Looks like the Jays annihilated the Yankees today.
It seems the entire Jays organization can hit. Now if they can only figure out that magic pitching coaching strategy.
It would help if they stopped trading away every pitching prospect. Syndergaard on the roster would be really nice about now.

Rivitur

Banned
MLB needs to bring in dancing after HRs and allow pitcher to have boxing gloves near the mound, boom instant sellouts across the nation.

zroid

Banned
Gossage actually went on Toronto radio to defend his comments this afternoon (esp re: Bautista)

he's got balls, I'll give him that

Beckx

New screenshots of Power Pro 2016's Pawa FES story mode (a baseball competition on an island)

eaHzsoz.jpg

D0SEXV6.jpg

G7xsck4.jpg

I need this game very badly.

Top Bottom