• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-season Thread 2015-2016 IOTI Back to the Future was a lie

Lexxism

MLB wouldn't allow it. They need their American poster child for the youths. It's what MLB has tried to do with trout by giving him MVP the year he had 0 business even getting an MVP award.
Even if they allow it, Rogers wouldn't be able to afford him.

What do you guys think of my newest purchase?

xlJBo4C.jpg

Did you use it as warmth?

BumRush

MLB wouldn't allow it. They need their American poster child for the youths. It's what MLB has tried to do with trout by giving him MVP the year he had 0 business even getting an MVP award.

I know I don't post in here much...but why didn't trout deserve an MVP award?

Rivitur

Banned
Uuuuuuuuh.

Trout didn't deserve the MVP in 2014? What? :lol

I know I don't post in here much...but why didn't trout deserve an MVP award?
You guys can't be serious, 2013 he had way better number ers than the ones he had in 2014. Ffs he hit 287 with nearly 200 strikeouts and won the MVP. Victor Martinez couldn't win it because it would look bad for baseball (a journeyman dh/1st basemen whos aging should be an mvp) and miggy couldn't win it because his teammate (V.M) had better numbers. They just handed the thing to trout to say please save the sport and despite your off numbers we'll spin it with the runs, sb (he had less than 20), RBIs (he did lead in this category), and a gold glove esk type of outfield performance (which he didn't even win in 14)

Tl;Dr he won the award by batting .287

You guys can't be serious, 2013 he had way better number ers than the ones he had in 2014. Ffs he hit 287 with nearly 200 strikeouts and won the MVP. Victor Martinez couldn't win it because it would look bad for baseball (a journeyman dh/1st basemen whos aging should be an mvp) and miggy couldn't win it because his teammate (V.M) had better numbers. They just handed the thing to trout to say please save the sport and despite your off numbers we'll spin it with the runs, sb, and a gold glove.

I can't tell what's satire anymore

Trout was as good of a hitter in 2014 as VMart and better than Cabrera, all while playing almost exclusively CF. Plus the Angels won 98 games after being absent from the playoffs for like 5 years, for people who care about that sort of thing in voting

Someone arguing that Trout shouldn't have an MVP is so bizarre. Most people argue that he should have like 3 by now

Beckx

Trout was as good of a hitter in 2014 as VMart and better than Cabrera, all while playing almost exclusively CF. Plus the Angels won 98 games after being absent from the playoffs for like 5 years, for people who care about that sort of thing in voting

Someone arguing that Trout shouldn't have an MVP is so bizarre. Most people argue that he should have like 3 by now

plus even if you don't care about WAR and the like, Trout led him in HR, RBI, Walks, 2B, steals, and Runs.

like the only person who might vote for Martinez over Trout is Wade Boggs

BumRush

You guys can't be serious, 2013 he had way better number ers than the ones he had in 2014. Ffs he hit 287 with nearly 200 strikeouts and won the MVP. Victor Martinez couldn't win it because it would look bad for baseball (a journeyman dh/1st basemen whos aging should be an mvp) and miggy couldn't win it because his teammate (V.M) had better numbers. They just handed the thing to trout to say please save the sport and despite your off numbers we'll spin it with the runs, sb (he had less than 20), RBIs (he did lead in this category), and a gold glove esk type of outfield performance (which he didn't even win in 14)

You're honestly going to call trout's '14 "0 business winning" though? That's the first time I've ever heard anyone go that far

Rivitur

Banned

Look at his numbers in 2014 those are all star numbers but not MVP numbers.

Rivitur

Banned
He led the league in RBI and runs scored and his WAR was first in baseball. 3rd highest OPS, 36 HR, etc etc etc. That's an mvp season.
.287 nearly 200 strikeouts

Vmart .335 , better OBP than trout, better slugging Percentage than trout, 42 strikeouts, 32hr, more hits than trout in less at bats, and 100+ RBIs.

You can't argue that vmart shouldn't have been MVP that year.

BumRush

You can't argue that vmart shouldn't have been MVP that year.

Huh? Yes...you can. Did you read my post? If you lead the league in WAR, RBI and runs scored, you definitely deserve to be in the discussion for MVP.

I'll leave it at that though. No sense in arguing. He won. He got 100% of the first place votes. VM had a great year, 120 games of which were as a DH.

Rivitur

Banned
Huh? Yes...you can. Did you read my post? If you lead the league in WAR, RBI and runs scored, you definitely deserve to be in the discussion for MVP.

I'll leave it at that though. No sense in arguing. He won. He got 100% of the first place votes. VM had a great year, 120 games of which were as a DH.
Which is why I'm staying that MLB rigged it. They knew if a DH won they couldn't get a poster child. They needed the youth involvement with baseball and trout was their best bet. All I'm saying is trout didn't have mvp winning numbers compared to Vmart but MLB screwed over Martinez.

Im not even bothering forming a long response, Vmart lost because Trout was an infinitely better player that year, period.

Which is why I'm staying that MLB rigged it. They knew if a DH won they couldn't get a poster child. They needed the youth involvement with baseball and trout was their best bet. All I'm saying is trout didn't have mvp winning numbers compared to Vmart but MLB screwed over Martinez.
Even if we buy into this, whats you reasoning for Trout not winning in 2012 and 2013? Or for losing to a Canadian?

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Nobody cares about Mike Trout that much though. We all know he's the best player in the game, but he gets no marketing because he's boring.

Nobody cares about Mike Trout that much though. We all know he's the best player in the game, but he gets no marketing because he's boring.
He's Jr. without the charisma. Harper is the next big player in the public eye. But both are the best in the game and will win shitloads more.

The knew a DH couldn't be a poster child? You serious? Did I just imagine the years and years of Big Papi being a household name?

this is wrong because ketchup is American and Drumf is un-American. bad!

don't mix pain chips with your hotdogs.

Top Bottom