• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-season Thread 2015-2016 IOTI Back to the Future was a lie

There goes that MVP season.

200x200px-ZC-70fd79e4_ibgYghMWSTq00T.gif

rando14

Ryan Raburn just took Felix to the deep gap. Felix looks very hittable, a shell of his former self. His pitches are flat, he's missing with every breaking ball, his goatee is blond.

He's everything every Mariner fan should be terrified of. The only real solution is to trade him while they can and rebuild. This Seattle team is going nowhere fast now that Felix' true form has been seen in the first inning of his first spring training outing.

I think the Mariners should trade him to the A's for whatever return they can get.

What is this

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Cain out with injury, Bum out with injury, now Cueto hit by line drive. SF getting all the bad luck out of the way before the season starts!

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Anyone gonna try out Playstation vue? I see it has CSN locally for me so I should be able to watch Giants games that way (although I have MLBtv already). Gonna give the 7 day trial when the season starts.

Beckx

RBI on NES was god tier. Sad to see what it and Pro Skater have become.

The games that were localized as RBI Baseball back in the day are still good in Japan, the latest Famista on 3DS took up way too much of my free time.

This is just the shambling afterlife of a brand name applied to a different product in the US.

Any news on Cueto? Was at work all day and got a notice he got a linedrive in the head.

Pffff.

He got hit by a line drive on the first pitch of the game. Then the Giants left him out there to pitch 3 complete before sending him to the hospital for concussion protocol.

Some concussion protocol.

Why the hell did the Giants left him out there for 3 innings after getting smacked in the forehead by a line drive?

Ban Dodger fans? Ban the Giants medical staff.

this wouldn't have happened if they had put mayo in their hot dogs.

How's that wine, bro?

Beckx

I am saving "how's that whine, buddy" for some appropriate gaf moment this year.

probably should have used it during the weekend's mvp "discussion"

So, the Angels are likely to finish last this year.

Keith Law says it's the worst minor league system he's ever rated.

They have no payroll flexibility and the future is bleak.

When do they trade Trout to restock the farm?

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently

when his skills are diminished and contract sky high.

They are just waiting until the Phillies have enough prospects to trade for him.

zulux21

if this becomes official the white sox then would have some money to spend and potentially got better just by not having him on the team

Adam LaRoche Likely To Retire
White Sox DH Adam LaRoche says he will “step away from baseball,” Colleen Kane of the Chicago Tribune reports (Twitter links). He indicated that he would wait a few days before addressing the matter further, out of respect for his teammates’ request that he think it over, but seemingly made clear he is set on retirement.

I wonder if they will just slot garcia into DH or if they go after Morneau.

Never, because the asking price for Trout is too high for any team to consider trading for him.

My respect for LaRoche just went up. He had 12millions guaranteed and could have taken a lenghty and cozy DL-Trip.
Shame he didn't do it earlier when Alvarez was still a FA. Maybe the Sox would have gotten Gordon or Cespedes even...

Beckx

senbatsu thread goes up saturday afternoon (first game is that evening east coast time).

title suggestions? i thought about March Madness but that would just derail the thread before it even began. probably will just go with "Senbatsu 2016 | Japan National High School Baseball Invitational Tournament (Spring Koshien)" or something. "Fuck Osaka Toin" is also an option.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
senbatsu thread goes up saturday afternoon (first game is that evening east coast time).

title suggestions? i thought about March Madness but that would just derail the thread before it even began. probably will just go with "Senbatsu 2016 | Japan National High School Baseball Invitational Tournament (Spring Koshien)" or something.

Plain is fine, unless you want to throw in baseball anime trope jokes.

Who was the last player before LaRoche to leave money on the table and retire? I'm thinking Gil Meche. I think he retired still being owed about $12 million from the Royals.

Malo

Banned
These are the following players/teams that have yet to rejoin:

The Juicers
Lansdowne Meat
Lifelong Mets Fan
first half collapse

I'm looking at you darkside and sanjuro.

Draft is coming up 3/27 8:30pm EST. I need to hear from you guys soon, if not your spots will go to other people.

Who was the last player before LaRoche to leave money on the table and retire? I'm thinking Gil Meche. I think he retired still being owed about $12 million from the Royals.
Michael Cuddeyer.

Beckx

Plain is fine, unless you want to throw in baseball anime trope jokes.

yeah, probably will go with the plain one

if anyone has skill to put a neogaf logo where the baseball is (and maybe slim down the image so it can be more header-ish), I'd be much appreciated.

CPeBM18XAAA1xgB.png

i'd ask prince but he's still working on the 2015 playoff thread.

Top Bottom