• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-season Thread 2015-2016 IOTI Back to the Future was a lie

RBH

I found a picture of Sanjuro, as he cheers on his favorite team:

B4S_Szasz022109_57449a_8col.jpg

Malo

Banned
Would CC be ok as a setup man from now on? Also Yanks how's James Kapriliean, the guy from UCLA doing?
CC isn't going to the bullpen. He's owed $50 million over the next two seasons. And setting up who? He'd be a loogy at best if by some miracle he ended up in the bp.

As for Kap, he hasn't pitched much since signing, but his fastball velocity has seen an uptick from 88-92 at UCLA to 92-96 since he signed and he maintained that in ST.

He got sent to minor league camp about a week ago and should start the season in High A. If everything goes well, he'll get a call-up towards the end of the season. He's our best pitching prospect.

Parch

These battles for 5th spots in the rotation usually mean the losers end up being semi-regular. There's always going to be opportunity. A team needs 7 or 8 starters, not 5.

So what's your teams worst contract ever? For the Cards I'm thinking Tino Martinez. Total bust.

Probably Albert Belle, Scott Erickson, or Brian Roberts deals were all terrible since the players in question had so many injury problems, especially the Albert Belle one since it burned Angelos into not spending any money for nearly two decades. Also who knows how this new Chris Davis deal will work out, considering comparable deals probably not well, but hey surprises happen.

Imma laugh when he's leading off.

Matheny is dumb, but he knows that he has the best leadoff hitter in the NL (and maybe MLB). Since being put in No. 1 spot in 2013, Carpenter has hit .300/.387/.473 (good for a 142 wRC+) with the most doubles, homers, and walks of any NL leadoff hitter - and by a pretty wide margin

Marp is a seriously underrated player

Tejada will probably bat 8th. Wouldn't be opposed to him being 9th, tho Matheny wouldn't do that

I'm going to try and watch more Twins games this year after having a blast at a game last summer.

Any Twins fans in here? What channels are games typically broadcast on? FSN? Any local/OTA channels?

Top Bottom