• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-season Thread 2015-2016 IOTI Back to the Future was a lie

Ugh, nothing can ever go right with this team. Jose is literally the perfect fit for a Miami team, he's Cuban and has a fun personality. I don't know how the front office could fuck this up.

I can't blame him for asking when he is going to be traded, it's just what the team does. I'm not sure if the bit about his teammates routing for him to get shelled is true or not. I could see the Marlins leaking this to make it seem like Jose is a problem, and use it as an excuse to trade him this offseason. I'm going to be shocked if he is on the team next year.

We'll gladly take that cancer off off your hands, Marlins!

What are you guys offering? We don't need Sanchez.

Malo

Banned
Ugh, nothing can ever go right with this team. Jose is literally the perfect fit for a Miami team, he's Cuban and has a fun personality. I don't know how the front office could fuck this up.

I can't blame him for asking when he is going to be traded, it's just what the team does. I'm not sure if the bit about his teammates routing for him to get shelled is true or not. I could see the Marlins leaking this to make it seem like Jose is a problem, and use it as an excuse to trade him this offseason. I'm going to be shocked if he is on the team next year.

What are you guys offering? We don't need Sanchez.
Severino, Judge, Mateo.

Beckx

Otani 2 starts vs S Korea in Premier 12: 13 IP, 21 K, 3 H, 0 R.

Ugh. Manager just wasted his start today by leaving a reliever in too long.

zroid

Banned
Holy crap! Dan Shulman is re-joining the Blue Jays broadcast crew in the booth in 2016-17. Won't be for all of the games apparently but I'm hyped nonetheless.

don't worry he's still doing SNB so we won't be left hanging with Kruk or whoever the fuck else

Holy crap! Dan Shulman is re-joining the Blue Jays broadcast crew in the booth in 2016-17. Won't be for all of the games apparently but I'm hyped nonetheless.

don't worry he's still doing SNB so we won't be left hanging with Kruk or whoever the fuck else

30 games. That's unexpected.

lets hope he replaces Buck someday

Beckx

Maybe worry about making the Climax series first~

Hey now, already made Climax Series First Stage, but yeah, only to have the worst start of his professional career, which is one of the two reasons he's coming back (the other being that he wants to hit & with Kondo healthy enough to move to full time catcher, Otani can DH again).

But nobody was beating the Hawks this year. tbh its hard to see anyone beating them next year either, adding Wada to the rotation that's already so deep the foreign pitchers only pitch for the top level club once every 10 days. So teams need to hurry up and sign Matsuda and Lee Dae Ho away.

Malo

Banned
I'd like another infield prospect too (it doesn't have to be Refsnyder though)

What would it take to get Bird included? Prado, Ozuna, Carter Capps, etc are available.
I rather not include Bird. Tex only has a year left on his deal and the plan is to have Bird takeover for him.
You can have Refsnyder.

jman2050

So we know Donaldson and Harper are going to win the MVP awards pretty handily, the one thing I'm interested in is whether the voters go with Rizzo second.

The Pirates and Marlins are going to play a 2-game series in Puerto Rico at Hiram Bithorn Stadium to honor Roberto Clemente Day on May 30-31.

The Marlins will be the home team.

The last MLB game played in Puerto Rico was between the Marlins and Mets in 2010.

‏@BNightengale MLB will soon announce new regulations for extended netting for ballparks, Rob Manfred said.

I wonder how far they will extend them. A lot of people on Twitter seem pissed about it though.

I rather not include Bird. Tex only has a year left on his deal and the plan is to have Bird takeover for him.
You can have Refsnyder.

Yeah I would do that deal. That would make the farm system way better.

I bet the Marlins would get higher attendance if they moved to PR.

To be fair, that would apply to them moving almost anywhere. Pretty sure there will be way more Pirate fans at this series though.

NL MVP is younger than the Rookie of the Year.

Kinda weird, except it also happened last year in the AL with Trout and Abreu though that's sort of different given Abreu's situation (and before that, Pujols in 05 I think)

Top Bottom