• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-season Thread 2015-2016 IOTI Back to the Future was a lie

zroid

Banned
4BOXJTd.png

BautistaBatFlip.gif

"Cano was the single worst third-place, every-day player I’ve ever seen – I’ve ever seen for the first half of a baseball season. He couldn’t drive home Miss Daisy if he tried."
Lmao

Shout out to rando and that amiibo money for signing him.

The article does say that Van Slyke was being hyperbolic. You can't blame everything on Cano; he was definitely injured. The Mariners have been an inept organization long before Cano donned that Mariners uniform.

Trout is just as deserving.

@CAwesomeheimer: For all those ripping me for Cruz over Trout. Cruz (.302, 44 HR, 93 RBIs). Trout (.299, 41 HR, 90 RBIs). #JustSayin

Baseball writers basically have no idea what the sport is anymore. The game has left pretty much all of them by and yet they STILL have the ability to significantly impact a players legacy.

MVP voting is a joke, regardless of who wins. Can't get over how DUMB this fucking statement is.

Arrieta winning Cy Young this year is a joke. If they want to give out half season awards then they should make new awards.

It certainly isn't a joke.

There's a .6 difference in rWAR with Greinke having the advantage, and a 1.4 fWAR difference with Arrieta having the advantage. Their stats as a whole are fairly comparable, some favor Arrieta, some favor Greinke.

It's certainly not a joke that he won, though. Both had tremendous years, both deserved it, only one could win.

Honestly Kershaw probably should have won, again.

rando14

This dude literally sounds drunk

Hope he's out of baseball for good, completely unprofessional

"Cano was the single worst third-place, every-day player I’ve ever seen – I’ve ever seen for the first half of a baseball season. He couldn’t drive home Miss Daisy if he tried."
Lmao

Shout out to rando and that amiibo money for signing him.

I thought we were friends!!

Sean Manaea finished the AFL with 33 Ks and only 6 BB in 25.3 IP. Giggidy.

Ooh I'd like Ozuna on the squad, if he could get anywhere near back to 2014 form that'd be a phenomenal pickup, team control until 2020. Get at him Dipoto!!

But I thought the Mariners only acquired guys when they were over 30 and asking for huge contracts?

He is literally going to trade Ozuna for nothing because Boras hurt his feelings and made him look bad. Ozuna was one of my favorite players, though you would think I would have learned by now not to get attached to anything in a Marlins uniform.

Ooh I'd like Ozuna on the squad, if he could get anywhere near back to 2014 form that'd be a phenomenal pickup, team control until 2020. Get at him Dipoto!!

He fixed his swing when he went to AAA last year. He still has trouble with off-speed stuff, but his numbers in Aug/Sept where similar to 2014.

Malo

Banned
This dude literally sounds drunk

Hope he's out of baseball for good, completely unprofessional

I thought we were friends!!
Your team saved us from handing out another albatross. That's a very friendly thing to do!

Jon Heyman @JonHeymanCBS: there's been no talk of gardner for castro to this point. NYY seek pitching in deals. they dont mind ackley/refsnyder combo

I want no part of Castro.

Top Bottom