• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-season Thread 2015-2016 IOTI Back to the Future was a lie

The Reds and Red Sox discussed a trade for Aroldis Chapman, but Cincinnati wanted more from Boston than the Sox eventually sent to the Padres to land Craig Kimbrel. That would represent a stunningly high asking price for a closer who is only under contract through the 2016 season. Kimbrel, by contrast, is owed $25MM through the 2017 season and Boston has a $13MM club option on his services for 2018.

lol

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/

Isn't it likely that any deal Heyward signed will have a 3rd or 4th year opt out anyway? It might not be as big as it looks on paper

Probably true, but the difference maker would probably be overall commitment assuming the pre-opt out AAV is equal (if for no other reason than "$200m+" contract makes for good headlines)

Got to imagine other than the Cardinals, Yankees are the biggest player for Heyward. Maybe Dodgers if they could move one of their many outfielders

Am I being an unrealistic homer in thinking that there's a 50/50 chance of the Cards signing Heyward? Unless the bidding goes crazy (which it might), I'm inclined to think he stays.

BFIB

Am I being an unrealistic homer in thinking that there's a 50/50 chance of the Cards signing Heyward? Unless the bidding goes crazy (which it might), I'm inclined to think he stays.
Cards will go deep regarding negotiations I think. Don't make the trade in the first place unless it's the player you want.

RBH

The Giants need a pitching boost, someone who can feed off lefthander Madison Bumgarner. The aforementioned free agents would certainly fit the bill, but Giants GM Bobby Evans is also looking into the trade market, where Atlanta’s Shelby Miller and Julio Teheran have been discussed.

But the Braves and other teams have been trying to pry from the Giants third baseman Matt Duffy and second baseman Joe Panik, two players that Evans and executive vice president Brian Sabean don’t want to deal.
http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2...ing-closers/4VnmpXpvKUaqkM1EsTzUiN/story.html

jbug617

Banned
According to Rosenthal, the Red Sox are probably going to be the highest bidders for Price or Grienke. Says the Sox really want either them.

Hanley is playing Winter Ball in the Dominican. Going to play mostly DH for Licey.

Top Bottom