• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-season Thread 2015-2016 IOTI Back to the Future was a lie

It's probably Paxton and Montgomery. Which is a huge win for the Mariners and, well, I hope Marlins fans have some magical way to kill Loria cause if not, they're just gonna get worse until he moves the team.

Edit: Even better than I thought

@clarkspencer: And two pitchers the #Marlins could be looking at are LH Roenis Elias and RH Nate Karns, per sources.

Absolute steal.

I think Loria is just trying to see just how empty that ballpark can get next year. He's trying to make sure TV ratings are down as well.

Edit: Fire sale alert!!!

Joe Frisaro ‏@JoeFrisaro 8m
sounds like #Marlins and #Mariners could be aiming to complete a larger deal than simply Ozuna for a starting pitcher.

It's probably Paxton and Montgomery. Which is a huge win for the Mariners and, well, I hope Marlins fans have some magical way to kill Loria cause if not, they're just gonna get worse until he moves the team.

Edit: Even better than I thought

Absolute steal.

If they get Ozuna for Karns or Elias that is some straight up robbery.

Beckx

I guess Matt Hague is going to the Hanashin Tigers in Japan

Weird move. Can he play outfield? The Tigers just got done saying Mauro Gomez's job at 1B was among the few relatively safe jobs at the club. But they need a replacement for Matt Murton in the outfield.

Then again Kanemoto has basically said he's willing to blow up anything at the club and lose as many games as it takes to right the ship long term so who knows. They might keep him at ni-gun and bring him up if Gomez struggles.

Weird move. Can he play outfield? The Tigers just got done saying Mauro Gomez's job at 1B was among the few relatively safe jobs at the club. But they need a replacement for Matt Murton in the outfield.

Then again Kanemoto has basically said he's willing to blow up anything at the club and lose as many games as it takes to right the ship long term so who knows. They might keep him at ni-gun and bring him up if Gomez struggles.

I think the reason was we didn't really have a spot for Hague and he probably didn't wanna play in the Minors all year round

jbug617

Banned
Latest on Price. Basically says he will go to the highest bidder. Doesn't expect the Jays to be in it
http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/...-hot-stove-rumors-free-agent-rosenthal-112515

Two heated rivals in the NL Central want him. So do two in the NL West. So does another team from his old AL East that is widely expected to be the high bidder.

The essential dynamics, though, remain unchanged --€“ the teams with the most interest in Price, in no particular order, are the Cubs, Cardinals, Dodgers, Giants and Red Sox, according to major-league sources.

While Price enjoyed his time with the Blue Jays and is open to returning to Toronto, the Jays are not expected to be a major factor in his free agency, sources say.

My guess is he starts at ni-gun and hope Gomez's bat bounces back from the slight downturn he had this year.

However pretty much the entire team is going to get blown up in the next year + so. I can see him getting burn at 1B.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Assuming they trade one of Miller or Teheran, next year's rotation would have been Miller or Teheran/Wisler/Folty/Banuelos/Perez I guess? Norris isn't a terrible bet to improve his numbers from last year and it's not like we won't have innings to spare.

Okay, so the A's ended up giving their #30 prospect in order to pick up a veteran IF because the Astros wanted to dump salary. I'm now okay with this trade lol.

Psyched for the Price arms race. The Lester one last year was great drama. Is it just me or did it seem like Scherzer had a lot less suitors? Seemed like the Nata came out of nowhere.

So Lawrie is still young, still has upside, and isn't expensive.

Personality thing? Can't see why the A's would want to move him over Valencia if it wasn't something about dude still being kind of a bad guy.

Personality thing? Can't see why the A's would want to move him over Valencia if it wasn't something about dude still being kind of a bad guy.
They are both cheap for the next two years. Valencia would be more of a corner guy for them and is a better hitter so far so maybe they like that. I do think Lawrie has a chance to break out Colby Rasmus style and get a nice contract since he's young.

I mean, Billy Beane moved Josh Donaldson and then signed Billy Butler $30m/3

Who knows why he does what he does?

Top Bottom