• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-season Thread 2015-2016 IOTI Back to the Future was a lie

zroid

Banned
Ervin Santana 2.0

wIukPHU.png

Meier

Nice to see the news that Roberts is official. I'm happy for him -- liked him as a player. I don't think it's a home run by any means but I'm definitely looking forward to some new blood.

jbug617

Banned
Another story saying Price wants to stay with Jays
http://www.baseballessential.com/ne...ronto-far-and-away-david-prices-first-choice/

According to a source with direct knowledge of the situation, Price and his agent, Bo McKinnis, have made it clear that playing in Toronto for the Blue Jays is “far and away [Price’s] first choice.”

Price loves Toronto and “relishes” the attention he is getting as a superstar, which he may not get elsewhere, making Toronto his top choice, the source said.

In free agency, Price is likely to land a contract north of $200 million and the Blue Jays, if they choose to sign Price, can afford him.

JoseDFrog

Banned
I still think Cano made the right choice even if he seems to regret it now. $65 million and job security are nothing to scoff at. Even if he was still playing at prime levels I still wouldn't want him back as much as I like him. He'll just be too old. Yankees won, Cano won, Mariners LOLLED

Robinson Cano is coming off a 3.4 WAR, .779 OPS age 32 season. He's owed 8 years and $192 million dollars. Would he get anywhere near that if he were a free agent? Dude might be the most untradeable in the majors right now.

Robinson Cano is coming off a 3.4 WAR, .779 OPS age 32 season. He's owed 8 years and $192 million dollars. Would he get anywhere near that if he were a free agent? Dude might be the most untradeable in the majors right now.

He's Bobby Bonilla. They're gonna have to pay that guy forever.

Friggz

he also played most of the year hurt.

ellsbury for cano + money.

get it done cashman.

I had no idea it was still that much. Guy is FUCKED. I hope you love the fish market, Cano.

Wow Marlins dropped Tommy Hutton. 19 years of service as the color commentator and they fire him a few days before Thanksgiving.

Loria is such a fucking piece of garbage.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day

Oh wow, he updated it already.

EDIT: Alright, in retrospect, I could make the point about Weber without doing it in a way that enrages everyone. However, I stand by the individual pitch grades and his possible ceiling, not based on stuff, but on his movement and command profile. I hate player comps, and I may enrage more people with this, but I don’t think there’s much separating Weber from a guy like Dallas Keuchel.

Weber has a similar approach, trying to live in the low-and-away quadrant of the strike zone to survive, though without the same present command as Keuchel. Weber has a bit better movement, a bit less deception. Not saying that’s his future, just that there’s an alternative route to productivity for this type of pitcher than just “throw harder”.
Lord, give me strength...

probably posturing tbh

the rumour that he prefers Toronto I can sort of buy into, even though I still think he would likely prefer the National League, but I can't see Rogers giving out $200M. That's crazy talk.

That said... www.anypricefordavid.com

And honestly, going by his playoff record and performance since that World Series with Tampa, alongside concerns of an arm implosion and the money part (Probably the most important thing tbh) I am hesitant on giving him the big bucks

Rogers is probably going to skimp out while they up my phone bill for being such a loyal fan

Top Bottom