• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-season Thread 2015-2016 IOTI Back to the Future was a lie

The D-Backs are like the Padres of last year except they seem a lot better suited to compete.

Their defense is great and it seems like they have a good window to compete.

Doogdogg

Now that Porcello $80M extension doesn't look awful anymore. Dude is 26 at the time. He'd might gotten $120-140M with a slightly better season.

Giants sign Shark to a 5 year deal.

skeptical.gif

He'll probably do well in the West and in that ball park, but 5 years for him seems like a lot.

rekameohs

Banned
5 years of Shark seems pretty risky, but if anything could help his HR nightmare, it'd be that park, and the Giants deffo need more starting pitching.

Quick

Banned
Saw The Show 16 footage, and they still haven't made the numbers and name plates sit at a better position on jerseys. Nameplates are still too high or the numbers too low.

It was pre-alpha footage, but it's never been adjusted in any way.

Saw The Show 16 footage, and they still haven't made the numbers and name plates sit at a better position on jerseys. Nameplates are still too high or the numbers too low.

It was pre-alpha footage, but it's never been adjusted in any way.

The actual game itself has always been really janky. Pitching especially, there are only 4 pitches with grips animated for them and the ball magically flies a few feet from their hands before the actual release point.

Always been like that, no idea why it's never been fixed by making the ball an actual physics model in their hands instead of a canned movement.

Quick

Banned
The actual game itself has always been really janky. Pitching especially, there are only 4 pitches with grips animated for them and the ball magically flies a few feet from their hands before the actual release point.

Always been like that, no idea why it's never been fixed by making the ball an actual physics model in their hands instead of a canned movement.

Oh yes. I haven't forgotten about that. At least they fixed the player height issue from the PS3 versions, where all the players in the field are the exact same height in cutscenes. I forgot whether this was the case with gameplay, though.

Being a uniform guy, the nameplate and number placement on jerseys always bugged me.

The NHL series had a similar issue for a long time until they introduced an actual physics engine. It seemed like a no-brainer to have a physics engine in place for a game based on a contact sport, but they got there eventually.

zulux21

im happy the giants signed shark, I will happily take that 18/19th draft pick. Glad a team that had a protected pick didn't sign him :p

rekameohs

Banned
Back on my high school freshman team, I nearly threw a perfect game because I threw way too slow and no one could hit it. And then the higher levels could and....it was bad

Top Bottom