• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-season Thread 2015-2016 IOTI Back to the Future was a lie

Tigers have signed Jarrod Saltalamacchia. He's entering the final year of a three-year contract the Marlins are responsible for after cutting him last season.

Malo

Banned
I don't deserve this pain!!
4ILi4iU.jpg

BFIB

Papelbon has filed a grievance against the Nats regarding his suspension.

That'll smooth over the bad vibes your carrying in the clubhouse. Dudes a cancer.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
The stove is cookin
Jerry Crasnick
‏@jcrasnick

Free agent Joakim Soria is finalizing a 3-year deal with the #Royals, sources confirmed.

Chris Cotillo
‏@ChrisCotillo

Source: Soria getting $25M on Royals deal plus performance bonuses.

Kuma is the perfect acquisition for the Dodgers. His second half was very, very good. 2.99 FIP, low HR/FB%, the splitter worked better.

Just all around a good get. Add one more starter and Chapman? They lose Greinke but end up with a positive WAR/value differential.

Also, Billy is going to leverage a good first half from Madson into a really nice deal for a good prospect. I guarantee it. He's banking on him having a fast start to get youth value for him.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Hope the Rays have a busy offseason. Seeing rumors they're targeting Baez... would be nice. Maddon can have back one of his overrated relievers + the corpse of Matt Moore if he wants.

Got a feeling the Cards are going to have a big day today.

Sounds like Mo is only interested in 1-2yr deals for pitchers at this point. I think that makes sense, since the big guys are off the board

Trading Seager would be a huge mistake.

Please do it Dodgers.

If you're gonna trade him, Jose Fernandez would be a pretty solid return (assuming you don't have any qualms about his health)

I doubt Dodgers would even entertain trading Urias and Seager, let alone for a guy coming off Tommy John. Fernandez is probably not going anywhere if Miami's asking price is that out of whack.

Also crazy that Iwakuma got half the money that Shark did. I know he's older but who would you rather have for the next 3 years?

BFIB

Doyers doing good work after losing Grienke, though I think they still unload a few of the big name prospects for a bonafide 1A, or #2 starter.

Vasgersian losing his shit on MLB Network a little while ago regarding Heyward. Thinks its not a smart idea to use the sabremetrics as the benchmark for a player on a big contract. "He needs to hit 40 HR's and drive in 120 RBI every year." Well, those guys aren't out in abundance anymore.

rando14

I think Doyers rotation is quite good as it is.... Kersh, Iwakuma, ryu, alex wood, then at the end either mccarthy or bret anderson, or even dare I say.... Urias?

Definitely solid

eznark

Banned
The big winner in this Chapman trade is those of us in the Cincinnati sports market as we no longer will have to deal with incessant "CHAPMAN SHOULD BE A STARTER" articles, blogs and radio call ins.

Malvingt2

Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS
Jose Peraza came up in chapman talk. Unconfirmed, but if he is going to reds, cincy could step up @datdudebp trade talk

Top Bottom