• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-season Thread 2015-2016 IOTI Back to the Future was a lie

zroid

Banned
Never thought I'd see the day where people rage over not signing Mark Lowe.

Toronto sports fans can be a special kind of miserable. That's what 90 combined years of pathetic failure from the 3 major teams does to you.

Cleveland fans like to pretend they're the most miserable, but they have nothing on us!

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Toronto sports fans can be a special kind of miserable. That's what 90 combined years of pathetic failure from the 3 major teams does to you.

Cleveland fans like to pretend they're the most miserable, but they have nothing on us!

Cleveland has 147 combined seasons without a title.

Beckx

Can Bryant possibly have a case? When a player is ready to be brought up to the majors is a totally subjective thing.

Based on what some people on twitter are saying, you gotta prove it wasn't done in good faith.

Which is generally pretty difficult, but not impossible. Good faith is a low bar.

Manfred is going to have a lot of fun on the next CBA after next season.

Manipulating service time to get an extra year of control or avoid Super Two designation are smart things for clubs to do, but it's total BS for the players. I hope it's gone in the next CBA, but I'm not sure what you do to replace it.

graffix13

Sounds like Detroit is out on Gordon. Seeing him in a Tiger uniform would have been hard to see.

With saying that, watch him go to St. Louis.

Sounds like Detroit is out on Gordon. Seeing him in a Tiger uniform would have been hard to see.

if the corner OF market goes anything like the pitching market it's probably best for him to wait and see if one of the teams that misses out on Heyward/Cespedes/Upton throws him a monster contract.

Mark Lowe lmao

Jays fans have officially reached hari kiri stage when they're upset about not signing a reliever whose career is the model of inconsistency.

jbug617

Banned
Cards waiting on Heyward before they address the pitching.

Sources: #STLCards might not address pitching until they know how Heyward market shakes out. They like Leake, but only at a certain price.

I get the "Gordon is Heyward but older/cheaper" comp but I don't think Cards are in on Gordon

Probably Heyward or bust, or maybe Upton as a backup.

Friggz

Based on what some people on twitter are saying, you gotta prove it wasn't done in good faith.

Which is generally pretty difficult, but not impossible. Good faith is a low bar.

bryant finished the season with 171 days service time..a full season of service time is 172 days. yikes...

Striking resemblance.

th
th

You're likely right and it makes me angry.

I'll still support the team, but it sucks as a fan. I'm not going to make the trek into Toronto and spend money on more losing culture. Maybe one game, but if they're going to run it into the ground they don't deserve sellouts.

It's good then that the only time I'll go to a Jays game, I am not letting my money run into the coffers of Rogers. Rather, it goes into Nintendo's slush fund.

I would prefer the Marlins kept him, just so I could have something to look forward to watching next year. But if they can get a crazy overpay with several league ready players, then I think they should go for it.

I mean if the standing offer to the Dodgers is Seager + then if they get a team to bite on a comparable offer, they did good.

Jose Fernandez is an incredibly gifted pitcher, but at this point you can't bank on his health and if you get a monster return you take it.

That said, if they do trade him it has nothing really to do with baseball reasons and everything to do with Loria.

Doogdogg

Rob Bradford @bradfo
Blue Jays manager Gibbons on Red Sox: "They changed some things in a hurry, but they demand that ... to compete with the Patriots"

BFIB

I'm all for Heyward, but to watch the pitching market go quickly when you've lost your innings horse for next year, not saying Mo needs to panic, but we can't put all our eggs in one basket either.

I'm all for Heyward, but to watch the pitching market go quickly when you've lost your innings horse for next year, not saying Mo needs to panic, but we can't put all our eggs in one basket either.

I think this is saying the organization is betting on Alex Reyes being ready sooner rather than later, too.

BFIB

Isn't he suspended for 50 games?
Yes he is.

Mo has to be posturing on the pitching market. Going into next year we've got:

Waino
Wacha- yet to go 200 innings, also has had some level of injury each year
Martinez- see above, shoulder issues late in the year that led to him being shut down
Garcia- probably going on the DL as I type this
5th guy- some combination of Lyons, Gonzales, Cooney

Yeah, this team needs an innings eater.

Top Bottom