• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-season Thread 2015-2016 IOTI Back to the Future was a lie

Malvingt2

Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS
braves were meeting late into night and reportedly made progress. a trade w/ shelby miller could happen as soon as today.

Cubs are going after Heyward with Gordon and Carlos Gomez as backup options.

Heyward signing with the Cubs would be an absolute disaster for the Cardinals. Wildcard team at best next season.
just kidding Tommy Pham or some other minor leaguer will put up a 7WAR season because Cardinals

Luckily, I don't think the Cubs have the financial ability to beat the Cardinals here. Thought is scary though

36634.jpg

I just realized... domes will finally close this year.

Beckx

@philgrogers

#WhiteSox exploring Japanese 3B Nobuhiro Matsuda. He hit a career-high 35 homers last year for #Softbank. Well timed move to US.

@jaysonst

Kenta Maeda officially hits the market today. Giants expected to make a major push. Maeda's friends say he'd prefer the west coast.

zroid

Banned
Not winning a title =/= pathetic failure.

And Cleveland, Buffalo and Washington just off the top of my head have suffered for much longer than Toronto has. The perpetual negativity surrounding Toronto sports is honestly pathetic.

And using combined years? What purpose does that serve?

Just kidding around, man. I agree with you about the negativity. It's fine in some cases, like during the Dave Nonis years where things looked truly bleak. But the negativity surrounding the Jays right now is irrational at best, and idiotic at worst.

Also fuck Chapman. What the fuck.

Malvingt2

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal
Correction: #Cubs, #Dbacks not currently in mix for #Braves’ Miller. #Dodgers have talked to ATL. Where they stand is unclear.

High pay for a super sub.

Padres are sending cash. Depending on how much, I like the trade a lot. Gyorko can platoon with Wong well, mashes lefties.

Betting Cards are feeling confident re: Heyward with this move too, since they moved Jay

edit: Padres are sending 17m. Gyorko for 4yr $15m sounds solid

Also, our two 2B are going to be Gyorko and Wong. The jokes write themselves

BFIB

Padres are sending cash. Depending on how much, I like the trade a lot. Gyorko can platoon with Wong well, mashes lefties.

Betting Cards are feeling confident re: Heyward with this move too, since they moved Jay

Holy shit. I figured they'd eat some off this year. Liking this a lot now.

I guess it's actually $26m/4yr, but they're sending Jay's salary to the Padres so it's technically a bit less than that

Still like it, especially with how the prices of FA keeps getting higher. As long as Matheny will actually use him correctly :lol

Couleurs

I wouldn't read too much into the Jay trade regarding Heyward; Jay barely spent any time in RF and the Cards still have a enough outfielders even with Bourjos and Jay gone. I'd love to be wrong and have Heyward back, but I could see the Cards going with Holliday/Grichuk/Piscotty and Pham/Moss filling in for days off.

I'm liking the Gyorko move a lot better now that the Padres are sending a nice amount of money to cover part of that shitty contract. A Wong/Gyorko platoon should be decent

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Jansen needs to swallow his pride and make this shit work if Chapman goes free from all this.

He should be excited to have been on this supposed Two-Man Power Trip that would've vaulted the Dodgers into a century-long dynasty.

Doyers culture has tainted him.

Based Puig!

For that kind of money I'd wear a meat hat, fluorescent green speedos and palm fronds up my ass for all I care.

Dude got paid, and he's going to play in a town where he can just be him and not have to deal with expectations and Puig.

Top Bottom