• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-season Thread 2015-2016 IOTI Back to the Future was a lie

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://atlantabraves.blog.ajc.com/2015/12/08/braves-hart-coppolella-say-they-feel-your-pain/

San+Diego+Padres+v+Atlanta+Braves+LqlhZKTVUc0l.jpg

Good thing you also have that Heyward guy!

Oh wait...

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Yeah it seems like that will happen. I would expect the Dodgers to bid too. Cubs are probably out unless they can sign an OF'er beforehand.
Cubs are in on Zobrist.

"Sources: #Cubs talking to #Yankees about trade that would send Starlin Castro to NYY, sources tell me and @jonmorosi." - @Ken_Rosenthal

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Ken Rosenthal
‏@Ken_Rosenthal

#Braves’ Coppolella and #DBacks’ Stewart had lunch together today.

whoa #wow

Malvingt2

Nick Piecoro ‏@nickpiecoro
Dbacks Dave Stewart says they've discussed Jose Fernandez internally and with the Marlins. Expects to speak with them again.

Josh5890

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2015/...m-offer-in-hand.html?fvtc_order=desc#comments

5:43pm: Zobrist is choosing between the Cubs and Mets, according to Rosenthal (Twitter link). The two have made comparable offers, says Rosenthal, so the decision comes down to which club he’d rather join. The Nationals are now on the periphery of talks, Rosenthal adds.

I don't see the Cubs being the highest bidder in this. I could be wrong though but if that news bit is true then I think he goes to the Mets

RBH

The Indians think Roberto Perez will be a starting catcher one day. It sounds like some other teams feel the same.

The rebuilding Atlanta Braves have talked to the Indians about Perez, who appeared in 70 games last season in his first full year in the big leagues. Perez hit .228 (42-for-184) with nine doubles, seven homers and 21 RBI.

It doesn't appear the talks went anywhere because the Indians didn't think they could get equal value back. Perez, 26, was the Indians starter for basically the first six weeks of last season after Yan Gomes injured his right knee.

Perez showed a patient approach at the plate, which resulted in 33 walks and played a part in his .751 OPS. He led all big league catchers who faced a minimum of 40 stolen base attempts by throwing out 39 percent (16-for-41) of the runners who challenged him.

"Roberto reinforced our beliefs that he can be a very good starting catcher in the major leagues," said Chris Antonetti, Indians president of baseball operations. "He handles the pitching staff really well, controls the running game extraordinarily well and manages the game.

"He did a good job offensively, too, contributing in key spots."

Atlanta has veteran A.J. Pierzynski and Christian Bethancourt doing their catching.

The Indians are carrying three catchers on their 40-man roster with Gomes, Perez and Tony Wolters. They've invited catchers Adam Moore and Anthony Recker to big league camp on minor league deals.

"Our catching gets overlooked a little, but I think that's one of the strengths of our team," said Antonetti. "Having Yan and Roberto is really helpful for us."
http://www.cleveland.com/tribe/index.ssf/2015/12/atlanta_braves_talk_to_clevela.html

Just what the Mets needed! I mean, our biggest need going into FA was obviously adding a 35 year old utility infielder. Not a CF or bullpen help.

Nope. Spend all the money on a 4/85 deal for a 35 year old 2B.

SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGH.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Mark Bowman
‏@mlbbowman

Per a source, the #Braves have agreed with Tyler Flowers. He'll get $2M in 2016, $3M in 2017 and he has a $4M ($300K buyout) option for 2018

Sure. That's fine.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Just what the Mets needed! I mean, our biggest need going into FA was obviously adding a 35 year old utility infielder. Not a CF or bullpen help.

Dynasty, here we come.

Crazy bro. I was ready for Herrera future

Top Bottom