• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-season Thread 2015-2016 IOTI Back to the Future was a lie

You just gotta hope Starlin stays out of the DR this offseason.

A lot of scary shit happened to him last year.

I'm actually pretty pumped because I think this means the regime believes in Gleybar Torres as the future 2B.

Kid's gonna be a beast.

TraBuch

Banned
Already know this trade is gonna be bullshit so a preemptive fuck you to the Braves front office. You've made this last year miserable.

harSon

Banned
This market is too ridiculous for frugal impoverished motherfuckers like the Pirates :(

We're going to get wrecked so hard in this division...

thefro

Love it... Zobrist is exactly what the Cubs need in terms of hitting (both walks & doesn't strike out a lot) and obviously he can play anywhere on the diamond.

Warren gives them some injury SP depth at the least. They could potentially trade Hendricks or Hammel now if they want to get another starter.

Castro isn't cheap anymore and the money is only a $3-4 million a year difference between Zobrist and Castro.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
They must really like Ender's game
aFpqKtK.jpg

Beckx

This market is too ridiculous for frugal impoverished motherfuckers like the Pirates :(

We're going to get wrecked so hard in this division...

I would really like to see us get Tony Barnette because he's going to be affordable and IMO he could be a steal for the bullpen.

TraBuch

Banned
Yay. A league average hitter that doesn't walk, steals a few bases (Which will be wasted under Fredi), and plays pretty good defense. Joy.

Malo

Banned
David Lennon:

No two ways about it. #Yankees helped undermine #Mets efforts to get Zobrist. Not sole reason, but definitely assisted.

You're welcome, frozenprince.

3N16MA

Banned
I like Warren and think he could be a middle rotation pitcher if given the chance. Yanks never gave him the chance to stick in the rotation. Would always be a long reliever/spot starter.

Macattk15

Wowwwww. That is huge for the Braves. But I understand it if the Dbacks wanna win now.

I thought you couldn't trade just drafted players?

rando14

Holy fuck, Sherman confirming

That is a HORRENDOUS deal

EDIT:

Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan
From looks of it, Braves got the No. 1 overall pick in the draft, a near-ready MLB starter and solid MLB OF for one year of Jason Heyward.

Replace "Solid" with "great", and that's the gist of it

Top Bottom