• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-season Thread 2015-2016 IOTI Back to the Future was a lie

Malo

Banned
Zobrist to the cubs per Rosenthal.

Source: Zobrist in agreement with #Cubs on four-year, $56M contract, pending a physical.

Glad to have you back RBH.

Not a bad deal for the Cubs, but glad there's probably one less team for Heyward now!

edit: apparently there were multiple teams interested in Jon Jay. What?

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
wow this hurts. thought for sure he was going to the mets. now hes playing with joe maddon again :(

still sucks that the rays never kept him. price was impossible to keep. shields wasn't worth keeping. shipping zobrist out of town really hurt.

LOL we really only fronted $56M to a fucking UTL middle infielder?

Makes no sense. Ah well thank god it fell through, wanted no part of Zobrist, it's Dilson's time, let it be his time.

We need to go hard after Span and Parra now.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
wow this hurts. thought for sure he was going to the mets. now hes playing with joe maddon again :(

still sucks that the rays never kept him. price was impossible to keep. shields wasn't worth keeping. shipping zobrist out of town really hurt.

And the Astros traded him for Aubrey fucking Huff

Castro about to be traded to the Cubs

You can trade players to your own team now?!

Malvingt2

Wait... Castro trade is done?

Joel Sherman ‏@Joelsherman1
Told that Castro to #Yankees has been agreed upon, but not finalized. Still medical review, etc. #Cubs

ohh

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
LOL we really only fronted $56M to a fucking UTL middle infielder?

Makes no sense. Ah well thank god it fell through, wanted no part of Zobrist, it's Dilson's time, let it be his time.

We need to go hard after Span and Parra now.

"fucking UTL middle infielder"

I get why the money is so low compared to other deals going on, he's old as fuck but its still lower than what I would have figured. Would rather overpay for the tail end of Zobrist than pay for Daniel Murphy or whatever 2B are left.

I'm with you. Use the available money to upgrade real needs. We need a CF.

Sign Parra, sign Span, trade for a Baez if the deal is right and go in with what we can.

Target Shawn Kelley for the BP and hope for the best. At this point, this is what we have available.

I swear if our cheap ass ownership makes us bring back Murph, I'll lose it.

Ken Rosenthal – ‏@Ken_Rosenthal
Source: #Dodgers have discussed involving a third team to satisfy #Marlins on Fernandez. Typical of Friedman to explore creative options.
This is from hours ago but I hope it gets done. I don't care if the Marlins FO says he's not available. Like anybody listens to those clowns.

Malo

Banned
Man, I really like Warren, but they never did give him an extended look as a starter. I'm indifferent on this trade.

BFIB

Oh man. The pieces are going to move now. I got a feeling the Cubs are now going to package Baez, Schwarber , prospects to the Braves for Miller, which opens a spot for Heyward.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Oh man. The pieces are going to move now. I got a feeling the Cubs are now going to package Baez, Schwarber , prospects to the Braves for Miller, which opens a spot for Heyward.

Trade Baez for Miller, sign Heyward for CF? Yeah, that'd be a team alright.

Top Bottom