• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-season Thread 2015-2016 IOTI Back to the Future was a lie

Malo

Banned
Joe FrisaroVerified ‏@JoeFrisaro
For #Dodgers to land Jose Fernandez from #Marlins hearing it would take Urias, Seager, Pederson and two more. #WinterMeetings

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Most amazing thing about that trade is the players the braves got are not years and years away. Swanson could be ready in 17 and Blair should compete for a rotation slot this spring.

Also I wonder if they would move Albies to 2B.

TraBuch

Banned
Most amazing thing about that trade is the players the braves got are not years and years away. Swanson could be ready in 17 and Blair should compete for a rotation slot this spring.

Also I wonder if they would move Albies to 2B.
Swanson played 2B at Vanderbilt until his Junior year. Makes more sense to move him back.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Swanson's bat would play better at 2B than Albies' would. But Swanson might have a stronger arm. Eh, it'll sort itself out.

Marlins getting too greedy now..

Yeah they are getting a little crazy. Do you think the Dodgers will give in or get a third team and involve Puig? I'm hoping the Diamondbacks drastically improving will put some pressure on them to make the trade.

Edit:
Joe Frisaro ‏@JoeFrisaro 53m53 minutes ago
Heard #Marlins #Dbacks were discussion Jose for Corbin, Inciarte, Blair, Swanson, Drury.

Wow that would have been a haul.

Heyward looking for 10 year deal, supposedly

Can't say I'm surprised (and would be totally okay with it, especially since there will probably be an opt out after 4 or 5)

Yeah they are getting a little crazy. Do you think the Dodgers will give in or get a third team and involve Puig? I'm hoping the Diamondbacks drastically improving will put some pressure on them to make the trade.
They're trying to get a third team in on the deal. Don't know if Puig will be moved due to his allegations but we'll see.

There's no way on earth they're giving up any of those players though.

carlos

just chiming in here to say I approve of the shelby miller trade....suddenly looking forward to Atlanta's master plan taking shape

rekameohs

Banned
Marlins getting too greedy now..
I said that's what it would take now!

Dave Stewart doesn't strike me as a particularly smart man, so it may not be intentional, but he absolutely put a stopper on most teams shopping for young starting pitching by setting the market extremely high, Dodgers included.

RBH

EnaqIun.png

3N16MA

Banned
Joe FrisaroVerified ‏@JoeFrisaro
For #Dodgers to land Jose Fernandez from #Marlins hearing it would take Urias, Seager, Pederson and two more. #WinterMeetings

Fernandez has three years of control and Boras is his client. He may be limited next season due to only pitching 60 innings after recovering from surgery.

Young and talent coming out of his ears but he is not locked for 5-6 years.

RBH

Schattenjäger;188506139 said:
Here we go with the Braves gonna be good delusionals

?

I don't think anyone here has any delusions about this team doing much of anything for the next few years.

But this trade looks like a big win for this team, so people are understandably excited.

The Braves are gonna suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. They'll be good in 3 years.
.......yeah, we've been fully aware of this for quite awhile now.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
If they get graduations all timed perfectly.

But that very rarely goes to plan. Prospects take steps back sometimes, it happens, I think 2017 will be the bridge year to 2018 being contention again.
Yeah 2018 is more likely. I'm just saying there's a non-zero chance that 2017 is a surprise contention season.

zulux21

http://www.thescore.com/news/905906

White Sox seem to be in serious talks for Lawrie

I'm hoping the white sox don't give up a ton for him.
Tyler Saladino was for the most part better than him at 3rd last year
and while Micah Johnson didn't do great at the majors for the time he was up he was still solid in the minors and if he can continue to improve his defense would be a fine second basemen.

I mean there is also Carlos Sánchez who had a good glove but not bat but has shown success with the bat in the minors.

I'll have to see what the deal is before I pass judgement though, as he is an improvement to those players currently, just not a big improvement. (though if he could return to 2012 form then he would be a big improvement)

either way I am hoping the white sox just shove Tim Anderson into short instead of trading for someone as he might as well start getting exp at the majors. He has wicked speed, a good bat, and his defense improved quite a bit last year, would still like it better but I'd rather he just get used to the team as he should be the SS for the next 6 years.

WEDNESDAY: The Athletics appear likely to receive two minor leaguers, although the two teams have not yet agreed on which ones, Slusser writes.

hmmm as long as it's not a select few I would be fine with this.
maybe they will take Matt Davidson
as it's just depressing watching him down in the minors lol.

rumors I am seeing is two minor league relievers
I wonder if it will be someone like Andre Wheeler and Michael Ynoa.

as long as the white sox don't get rid of their many promising pitchers such as carson fulmer, francelis montas, specener adams or chris beck.

Step up your game, Jays.

Here is the Mets busy off season:

Change the stadium drinks from Pepsi to Coke.
Debate what to do with the Pepsi Porch.

WS bound, Mets, baby.
Well I mean Theo and the evil empire conspired to take away your 35 YO 2B target. It's tough to recover from that.

Beckx

Seung Hwan Oh is embroiled in a gambling scandal. Not only could impact his MLB signing chances, but the Tigers are apparently not very interesting in signing him back if MLB doesn't work out. After the scandal that hit the Giants earlier in the year, not a surprise.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Today is the 3 year anniversary of the James Shields + Wade Davis for Wil Myers / Jake Odorizzi / Mike Montgomery / Patrick Leonard deal.

Funny how neither of the two marquee pieces in that deal turned out to be the least important for both sides (both guys now on the Padres!). Myers has been replacement level but Odorizzi has been great and they flipped Montgomery for Erasmo Ramirez which also turned out swell.

Worked out better for the Royals of course though :(

BFIB

Vasgersian again going on a rant about how Heyward is not worth the money.

Did J-Hey spit in his coffee or something?

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Jeff Passan ‏@JeffPassan 2m2 minutes ago
Cubs gave John Lackey and Ben Zobrist no-trade clauses. Lackey's is full no-trade. Zobrist has a full first three years, limited the fourth.
eww

Top Bottom