• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB Off-season Thread 2015-2016 IOTI Back to the Future was a lie

https://twitter.com/MattEddyBA/status/679712137808220160

6'8"

92X53S3.jpg

The Green Giant nickname doesn't work anymore...

RBH

The Royals have been told by Alex Gordon's camp that, as things currently stand, they have "no chance" to retain star left fielder Alex Gordon, sources said. Things obviously can change in free agency, but it's clear at this point that there's at least a wide gap in talks regarding the longtime Royals outfielder.

So it's no surprise, the World Series champion Royals are now looking around at other outfield possibilities, with Denard Span, Austin Jackson, Gerardo Parra, their own free agent Alex Rios and others on their list.

The Royals are said to have made a four-year offer to Gordon, which Jim Bowden of ESPN pegged at "$12 million to $13 million" per year. Gordon is believed to be seeking closer to $20 million a year and has drawn reported interested from the Orioles, Cardinals, Angels and Giants, among others.
Gordon, a home-grown Royal and Nebraska native, took a hometown discount in signing a four-year deal with the Royals four years ago but doesn't appear as interested in such a deal this time.

Kansas City actually has two free agent outfielders (Gordon and Rios), but it could fill one of the spots with perennial fourth outfielder Jarrod Dyson and other in-house options potentially.

Kansas City is also looking closely at several free-agent starting pitching options. Wei-Yin Chen appears to top their list, but they aren't prepared to go to six years or pay $100 million on a five-year deal, as he's been reported to be seeking by Roch Kubatko of MASN in Baltimore.

The Royals also like Yovani Gallardo, Scott Kazmir and Ian Kennedy, and have been talking to them, as well, as they aim to sign one free-agent starter after re-signing their own Chris Young and adding Dillon Gee on a minor-league deal.
http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/writer...ances-to-re-sign-gordon-look-like-nil-for-now

zroid

Banned
Boy if only the Jays had made a 4x12M offer to David Price so the fans would be happy that they at least tried

using the word tried liberally here

Boy if only the Jays had made a 4x12M offer to David Price so the fans would be happy that they at least tried

using the word tried liberally here

I would have been fine with a contract of a dollar to show that we appreciated the three months of Price.

Apparently Jas management does not.

Mets aren't even going to bother with Cespedes or anyone worth a damn in the OF. According to Heyman, the Mets are looking for complementary outfielders (ie: jabronies). Go to the World Freakin' Series, have a win now rotation and of course the Wilpons gotta Wilpon.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Would be amusing if he has a career year with the Nats just to hear the reaction from the NY sports media.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Since Murphy rejected a qualifying offer from the Mets, New York will receive a compensation pick between the first and second rounds of the 2016 draft. The Nationals, in turn, will have to surrender their first-round pick (17th overall) the draft.

I wonder how much he is getting.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
Guys getting the flu during xmas sucks. Been sick for almost a week. But at least I could eat one hot dog today!
while alone at home cuz my family doesn't want to get sick lol.
. Should be better here soon -.-

Link

The Autumn Wind
Mets aren't even going to bother with Cespedes or anyone worth a damn in the OF. According to Heyman, the Mets are looking for complementary outfielders (ie: jabronies). Go to the World Freakin' Series, have a win now rotation and of course the Wilpons gotta Wilpon.
Yeah, and with that, I'm done. I can't in good conscious keep supporting this team as long as the current owners are in place. Good luck, Mets-GAF. Hopefully someday, I'll have a reason to return.

SaintR

Yeah, and with that, I'm done. I can't in good conscious keep supporting this team as long as the current owners are in place. Good luck, Mets-GAF. Hopefully someday, I'll have a reason to return.

Joe Benigno said on the radio the other day "Never has a team that reached the World Series thrown cold water on its fan base like the Mets"

Edit: Merry Christmas everyone!

Merry Christmas to you all. May the baseball gods be kind. Fuck da Wilpons, this team is sert go compete for the next few years before the pitchers hit FA but no we sign fucking Alejandro De Aza are you kidding me?? Adrusbal Cabrera?? Go out there and get our pitcher some backup. This is a special rotation and we are gonna waste it. Fuck it all

My thinking is that the Mets will throw a big contract to Degrom that would have gone to Cespedes. Then lock up Thor and try to have money for Harvey in 2018.

Top Bottom