• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Postseason Thread of More Wild Cards and Higher Champagne Budgets

Carlbeego

Buster Posey had the biggest play in game 3 throwing out Brandon Phillips trying to go to third on a passed ball.

They only scored 1 run that inning and the game and lost by 1.

LOL

diffusionx

Gold Member
I'm a Mets fan, but my fiancee is a Giants fan so I've been taking them up near the end of the year the past few years. Feels good to cheer for a real baseball team.

I looked at the score about 20 minutes ago and thought "huh, quiet game I guess."

Check again just now and thought "what. in. the. fuck?"

Welp. GG Reds. The Cards will see you in a few days, SF!

TheNatural

My Member!
If this gets Dusty fired or causes him to retire I would take that over an NLCS appearance. Worst fucking manager in the league, and this team has won anything in spite of him.

Nice call on bringing on LeCure after 6 runs given up. The whole core of this team is locked in contract for years and with Rolen retiring and Madsen off the books, time to get a proactive manager in, and get a decent bench and CF.

harSon

Banned
I actually hate the Giants more than I hate the A's, but there's no way in hell I hate them more than the Reds. Sucks that I have to root for them two series in a row due to the fact that they'll likely face the Cardinals.....

I have faith in my boy Verlander though. Dude's going to put in work no problem, especially if they keep giving him that BS strike box hahahaha

If this gets Dusty fired or causes him to retire I would take that over an NLCS appearance. Worst fucking manager in the league, and this team has won anything in spite of him.

Nice call on bringing on LeCure after 6 runs given up. The whole core of this team is locked in contract for years and with Rolen retiring and Madsen off the books, time to get a proactive manager in, and get a decent bench and CF.

You nuts? I'd take the NLCS if Osama Bin Laden was managing. lol.

diffusionx

Gold Member
If this gets Dusty fired or causes him to retire I would take that over an NLCS appearance.

I don't believe you. Hitler could be coaching the Mets in the playoffs and I'd cheer them on.

Playoff appearances and NLCS matchups are real things that happen irregularly for most teams, whereas managers get fired every few years.

dmag1223

No its ok Dusty is just playing for Game 7

Afrikan

I'm here in a sports bar in downtown sf.....there are two Reds fans right next to me.....and i....and i...i feel sorry for them and i want to tell them but better to just stfu and smile. I was going to tell them that dusty needs to take out Latos but again they are ready to rage..then the grandslam. :eek:

But yeah fuck Latos, so happy the series came down to him...always f'n hated the guy.

I'm here in a sports bar in downtown sf.....there are two Reds fans right next to me.....and i....and i...i feel sorry for them and i want to tell them but better to just stfu and smile. I was going to tell them that dusty needs to take out Latos but again they are ready to rage..then the grandslam. :eek:

But yeah fuck Latos, so happy the series came down to him...always f'n hated the guy.

As a Michigander, it's best to not interact with Ohio fans, like a mad dog on the run.

harSon

Banned
There's no way the Giants organization didn't sell their souls to steal this series. Between Cueto's back going out, and Brandon Phillips, the Giants are lucky to not have been swept.

Sucks that such bandwagoning, shitty and undeserving fans are going to get to celebrate their 'everlasting' fandom.

So much salt. Of course I thought this series was overall as well. Maybe if we don't play at home we can get to the WS? Thats how it feels.

HeySeuss

Dusty improving his elimination playoff game record to 1-9.

Reds the only national league team to lose after having a 2-0 lead in a 5 game set.

Also, reds never lost 3 straight home games all year. Just like the year they scored in every game, only to get shut out by the Mets in the one game play in game.

Ohio sports!

Top Bottom