• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Postseason Thread of More Wild Cards and Higher Champagne Budgets

The silver lining.

Shit, not if you are a Bengals fan! lol.

And don't apologize for pessimism. I get a ton of shit for being pessimistic, but I'm always right.

I hope we get a good manager. Dusty is done. And some of you missed my comment yesterday. Bronson Arroyo and some other players, according to an insider twitter (Heyman or Jim Day) said that Dusty is slurring his speech.

Blearth

Banned
There's no way the Giants organization didn't sell their souls to steal this series. Between Cueto's back going out, and Brandon Phillips, the Giants are lucky to not have been swept.

Sucks that such bandwagoning, shitty and undeserving fans are going to get to celebrate their 'everlasting' fandom.
We've been top ten in attendance for 13 straight years.

I hope the Reds get to the playoffs enough that we can start calling Votto an overpaid bum. (Truth is, we'd have a better chance with Frazier.)

Fuck fly ovah country.

YankeesFanDouche.gif

LIFE LONG LIFE LONG SATAN IS LORD LIFE LONG

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Ok I'm sorry, reds are banned from the playoffs from now on if all you're gonna do is let in the phillies and cardinals every year

TheNatural

My Member!

And don't apologize for pessimism. I get a ton of shit for being pessimistic, but I'm always right.

I hope we get a good manager. Dusty is done. And some of you missed my comment yesterday. Bronson Arroyo and some other players, according to an insider twitter (Heyman or Jim Day) said that Dusty is slurring his speech.

Lots of salary raises coming up, maybe not next year, but down the line. Thing is, next year is Arroyo's last year of a big ass contract - so Chapman is ready to move into a starting role next year. Rolen is all but going to retire, thats another 8 mil off the books. Madsen got paid $8 mil for doing nothing.

So while salaries of current players go up, I see no reason why we can't get a decent center fielder leadoff guy, and upgrade the bench and left field. That's all that needs to be done really.

Lots of salary raises coming up, maybe not next year, but down the line. Thing is, next year is Arroyo's last year of a big ass contract - so Chapman is ready to move into a starting role next year. Rolen is all but going to retire, thats another 8 mil off the books. Madsen got paid $8 mil for doing nothing.

So while salaries of current players go up, I see no reason why we can't get a decent center fielder leadoff guy, and upgrade the bench and left field. That's all that needs to be done really.

I agree with you, the Reds will only be better next year. I hope this loss lights a fire under their asses in the offseason.

How far away is Billy Hamilton? I heard they're moving him to CF.

Stubbs is done. Hamilton will have to earn it in Spring Training, but I think he gets the call.

Afrikan

As a Michigander, it's best to not interact with Ohio fans, like a mad dog on the run.

I so want to act like a bandwagon fan around them...if this wasn't game 5 and they are about to lose it, i would have.

With them sporting their red gear and there's a new Target that just opened right across the street....

I want to say "hey guys, do yall work at the new Target?........oh honey look the Giants are playing, are they about to win a world series again???" =D

It'd get a tickle out of it atleast.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
I hope the Reds get to the playoffs enough that we can start calling Votto an overpaid bum. (Truth is, we'd have a better chance with Frazier.)

Fuck fly ovah country.

YankeesFanDouche.gif

LIFE LONG LIFE LONG SATAN IS LORD LIFE LONG
WHAT HAVE YOU DONE

HeySeuss

Stubbs replacement is a year away. His name is Hamilton and he's going to break every stolen base record that exists.

And Votto is far from a bum guys. One of the best hitters in the game and was on pace to set the single season doubles record before he got hurt. Stop overreacting.

TheNatural

My Member!
How far away is Billy Hamilton? I heard they're moving him to CF.

I've never really even thought about him, but yeah, with his ridiculous speed he should be a CF natural. I have no idea why he hasn't been playing it much this year to get ready. If you can play second you should be able to play center.

Pollux

At least we have Kentucky
The Bengals have fans?
The Bengals have fans, the Brown family does not.

Top Bottom