• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Postseason Thread of More Wild Cards and Higher Champagne Budgets

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
Blerg! Our hitting was shut down all night. At least it'll go to 5.

All we need is a steady bullpen and more than one run before the 7th.

Goddammit, the absolute worst part about sports journalism is when they overuse puns. The Werth pun has been done to death for years, and it's going to be even worse now.

see5harp

i have no memory of that year.
no competition? do you realize how good the indians were that year?

A single series went 5 games. The two favorites got to the World Series. How many games went to extra innings or a walk off (I don't really know that one)?

Congrats on the win, Nats GAF. It just really sucks that the entire game came down to two mistake pitches because every pitch belt high and 5, 6 inches off the plate was called a strike. Not feeling too good about the game tomorrow since I doubt Gio is going to be bad two starts in a row.

diffusionx

Gold Member
What's the real hfa for baseball? It's not like football really. Does it matter?

The thing with baseball is that teams are built around their stadiums. It's not about intensity or getting revved up but how the team is constructed on a basic level.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
What's the real hfa for baseball? It's not like football really. Does it matter?

Since 1995, home teams have won 53.936 percent of baseball games played in the regular season. Since 1995, home teams have won 53.986 percent of baseball games played in the postseason.

So theres basically no difference in regards to home field advantage when it comes to regular season and the playoffs but there is an overall advantage. It's certainly not magnified in terms of things like atmosphere like a football match but in terms of more simpler benefits like awareness of particulars in a home stadium and comfort staying at home instead of preparing while on the road.

Top Bottom