• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Postseason Thread of More Wild Cards and Higher Champagne Budgets

Yes, fools...join Tigers-Age.
Your disappointment will only increase the Council's power.

First, we will ply the drunk Cabrera with liquor and easily abusable women.
Then, we will distract Fielder with hamburgers.
We will keep Jackson off the basepaths, and walk Cabrera to minimize his efficacy.

When our bats wake up, we will watch Detroit burn.

You mean third time will be the charm? Good luck

Link

The Autumn Wind
ikf8FRUPkOknp.jpg

#problem?
And you wonder why everyone hates your team.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Fuck the Cardinals. Fuck the Giants. Fuck the Yankees. Fuck the Tigers. Go Team Earthquake. 10.0 or bust.

Doubt anyone cares. But The Mexican Winter League starts today, and i'll be cheering for my home team Aguilas :). Our starting pitcher for tonight will be shitty ex Yankee pitcher Sergio Mitre. Our team always hires washed up ex Major leaguers like Esteban Loaiza, Fernando Valenzuela, etc.

We will keep Jackson off the basepaths, and walk Cabrera to minimize his efficacy.

It's ok to be scared.....

It won't stop the ass-whoopin that's coming but at least you won't be surprised when you lose.

Although you may win a few games because "Papa Fat Ass" likes blowing leads in the 9th inning...

And you wonder why everyone hates your team.

they hate them because they're irrational mouth-breathers who can't handle a franchise doing what it's supposed to be doing. winning.

I think the fine citizens of Detroit already beat us to it....

In what sense? I always hear what a good defensive player he is, and the Phils will need a good CF if Ruff is going to play LF. He also had 23 HRs this year, and the Phils desperately need to add some power to their lineup.

Bourn had 23 homers? Where did you read that? He had 9 homers in 2012. Bourn has 22 CAREER homers. In 7 seasons. What power!

And Bourn lost a lot of money with his shitty second half. Only hit .225 after the All-Star Break and struckout a ton. He was bad.

cashman

Banned
Bourn had 23 homers? Where did you read that? He had 9 homers in 2012. Bourn has 22 CAREER homers. In 7 seasons. What power!

And Bourn lost a lot of money with his shitty second half. Only hit .225 after the All-Star Break and struckout a ton. He was bad.

he's talking about colby rasmus

Some team will still give him a fairly big contract. Anytime you can pay a player who's game is based on his speed for his age 30+ years you gotta do it. Worked with Carl Crawford.

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
I'm posting this again because fuck Gnats fans

Actual conversation between the two yuppie Giants lifelongs who were sitting near me at a bay area restaurant that was showing the game tonight:

Man: So who are we rooting for?
Woman: Baltimore.
Man: No, this is Seattle versus Washington.

Thats still better than the Yankee fans I meet in NorCal lol

I was waiting for the inevitable "Detwiler didn't give up an ER so Strasburg wouldn't have done much better" argument. I'm sure any of the other Nats pitchers could've done as well or better if they had the Jim Joyce K zone to work with. Don't get me wrong, I was expecting Kyle Lohse to get demolished by the Nats lineup as well. It just isn't an apples to apples comparison when those two pitchers are getting 5, 6 inches off the plate all game.

Some team will still give him a fairly big contract. Anytime you can pay a player who's game is based on his speed for his age 30+ years you gotta do it. Worked with Carl Crawford.

His steals were also down this year. He stole 61 in 2011. He only stole 42 this year and was caught 13 times. Only 17 after the All-Star Break (mostly because he wasn't getting on base as much).

But yeah, Boras is his agent so he's going to pull a shitty contract out of somebody's ass.

jman2050

That is by far my favorite aspect of baseball, but man, I can hate it so much sometimes, too.

Yeah, in other sports if your team is up by a crooked score with almost no time left, all you do is start celebrating the inevitable victory.

In baseball if you're up by a crooked score with one out to go, all it does is make any potential defeat that much more devastating.

I love it.

I suppose we're arguing whether or not it would have gone to Game 5 with Strasburg starting, but does it really matter? The Nats were up 6-3 in the 7th and 7-5 in the 9th and their bullpen blew it, hard. That is the most direct reason for their elimination. Opiate could tell you how many scenarios existed in which we aren't playing what-ifs with Strasburg right now, but the short answer is: a lot.

Doubt anyone cares. But The Mexican Winter League starts today, and i'll be cheering for my home team Aguilas :). Our starting pitcher for tonight will be shitty ex Yankee pitcher Sergio Mitre. Our team always hires washed up ex Major leaguers like Esteban Loaiza, Fernando Valenzuela, etc.
Nice man! Dominican Winter League starts tomorrow. I always keep a close eye on that.

Nationals screwed themselves by shutting down Strasburg.

You have to throw the kitchen sink at the other team in the playoffs. That means starters are now honorary members of the bullpen.

I don't care who started game 4. Either Strasburg or Detwiler would have been available for long relief when Gio showed he was in trouble.

Or maybe one of the starters comes out of the bullpen in a different game the Nationals don't have to use Storen THREE damn days in a row. That's the way you lose a series.

Nationals screwed themselves by shutting down Strasburg.

You have to throw the kitchen sink at the other team in the playoffs. That means starters are now honorary members of the bullpen.

I don't care who started game 4. Either Strasburg or Detwiler would have been available for long relief when Gio showed he was in trouble.

Or maybe one of the starters comes out of the bullpen in a different game the Nationals don't have to use Storen THREE damn days in a row. That's the way you lose a series.

it was a crazy come back.cant believe they let them get that much points to catch up and win. on top of that nats did get 1 more run and it still wasn't enough.

Top Bottom