• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Postseason Thread of More Wild Cards and Higher Champagne Budgets

Sorry McNeily

120788_o.gif

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
FUCK. I missed that game to go on some crummy date as a wingman only to miss what was probably one of the best games this post season?! Shit.

No I have to go watch some replays.

As a note, I have to say the Nationals are a great team and I am very glad we managed to beat them. They have a great organization and I can only hope for their future success in the coming seasons. They have great fans and a great community. Here is to next year, I have a feeling you guys can go all the way.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
FUCK. I missed that game to go on some crummy date as a wingman only to miss what was probably one of the best games this post season?! Shit.

No I have to go watch some replays.

As a note, I have to say the Nationals are a great team and I am very glad we managed to beat them. They have a great organization and I can only hope for their future success in the coming seasons. They have great fans and a great community. Here is to next year, I have a feeling you guys can go all the way.
lifelong

TheNatural

My Member!
Wow St Louis came back? LOL.

If there was an NLCS thread it should be called:

NLCS OT of Outfield Fly rules, TBA #1 starters, and charmed mother fuckers

Joe

after decades of not making the postseason i think the orioles and nationals both deserve a pat on the shoulder (and maybe a nice gold plated pen or something?) for being division series runner-ups.

good job guys.

Ravager61

OH. MY. GOD. Just got back from St. Louis bars after celebrating that win. This team blows my my mind. Oh and haters gonna hate etc

xbhaskarx

I like how Baseball Tonight is calling Mark Mulder a former Cardinals great.

Mulder --> Dan Haren / Daric Barton / Kiko Calero --> Carlos Gonzalez / Brett Anderson / Chris Carter / Aaron Cunningham / Greg Smith / Dana Eveland --> Matt Holliday --> Brett Wallace / Clayton Mortensen / Shane Peterson --> Michael Taylor

By next century one year of a broken Mark Mulder will have turned into half of all professional baseball players

xbhaskarx

Fuck baseball, all the feel good stories are dead and we're left with the same shitty teams we get every year.

Go Tigers, the only one of the four remaining teams I merely dislike

===

Actual conversation between the two yuppie Giants lifelongs who were sitting near me at a bay area restaurant that was showing the game tonight:

Man: So who are we rooting for?
Woman: Baltimore.
Man: No, this is Seattle versus Washington.

Opiate

I last saw the Cards game when they were down 6-0; I got busy, and have now just seen the final result. I'm pleasantly surprised -- the odds of victory at that 6-0 point were well under 10 percent. I'll hope to catch this game at some point, as it sounds exciting.

Good series Nationals fans, good luck to you next year.

Brashnir

Good series Nationals fans, good luck to you next year.

Thanks, but I suspect we're going to need more than luck. Chokes of this magnitude take a baseball lifetime to recover from. I suspect we won't see anyone on this roster win a World Series in a Nats uniform.

Maybe we'll have a chance by the 2024 centennial, but this team is branded as chokers now. They're done for a while.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Thanks, but I suspect we're going to need more than luck. Chokes of this magnitude take a baseball lifetime to recover from. I suspect we won't see anyone on this roster win a World Series in a Nats uniform.

Maybe we'll have a chance by the 2024 centennial, but this team is branded as chokers now. They're done for a while.
uhhh the nationals will be good for a long time.

Top Bottom