• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Postseason Thread of More Wild Cards and Higher Champagne Budgets

Keep believing that lol.

You think this team is doing anything against Verlander?

Look on the bright side, at least us Yankee fans'll actually see and hear what the fuck a real home crowd looks and sounds like. Limp dicked assholes, stay the fuck at home if you're gonna sit on your hands and do nothing all game.

Wow, the Cardinals finished 5th place in their league, and tied for 11th in MLB.

They were 6 game worse than the 4th place team in the NL.

And now they are the clear favorites to win it all.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
I guess, deep down, I hate the Cardinals more. That can fuel me through this series. Go Ginats.

(Can SF win with Posey going 0-30 though? Thanks.)

Draconian

This national anthem is terrible. When you change the accompaniment so drastically, it loses its magic completely and just sounds like a pretty boring song.

VRMN

The Tigers' rotation in the playoffs has an ERA of 0.94. I don't even care who you're playing, that is freaking insane.

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
5fgoY.jpg

Yeah baby!

turnbuckle

I read that the tigers have never lost a postseason series to the yankees. Not sure if that was true, but I know we've done well against them the last few times we've managed to make the playoffs. How is their minor league system? I can't imagine they won't have an answer for some of their aging players in the next couple seasons. They've seemed to avoid any really dumb contracts over the past couple of years and I don't expect them to be this "bad" for very long.

By bad, I mean bad for a Yankees team. They've been wrecked by injuries this season and still have a lineup that most teams would be envious of. I'm not about to talk as if this series is over. Our bullpen is a weakness and it may only be a matter of time before the Yanks bats wake up. Hopefully if it happens it'll occur the same time the Tigers' bats do.

VRMN

I read that the tigers have never lost a postseason series to the yankees.

It is true, but mostly because we shared a division with them until the Tigers moved to the Central in 1998. So this is the third time we've had even the opportunity to face them in the playoffs.

Top Bottom