• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Postseason Thread of More Wild Cards and Higher Champagne Budgets

Dumb move bringing Lincecum in here.

It is his 3rd time pitching in a week, which he probably has never done before.

And with the starting rotation falling apart, they really needed him to start a game.

VRMN

I think it's mostly Tigers fans, honestly. I want the Giants to win for no other reason than that the Cardinals terrify me in the postseason with what they've done the past two years.

But no matter what, if the Tigers are fortunate enough to get there, I like our starting rotation against anyone on the planet right now.

see5harp

Things will be different this year. Evil shall be vanquished.

Is Timmy just being used as relief now? He's not starting a game this series?

He wasn't named a starter due to his very bad (albeit unlucky in some cases) year. I like him coming out of the bullpen to be honest. Actually he had a shaky 2011 as well if you only look at wins but his ERA was even lower than his great 2010 year.

Cards haven't had a hit in a while.

Also, wtf at the behind home plate view Fox keeps using. You can't see the pitch or really much of anything. It's horrid.

bozeman

Cards haven't had a hit in a while.

Also, wtf at the behind home plate view Fox keeps using. You can't see the pitch or really much of anything. It's horrid.

The group I was with kept bringing this up, too. What the hell? I want to see where the pitch goes, not look at the ump's ass.

Good game. Both bullpens brought it. Cards offense is feast or famine and without a hit after the 4th inning we're in a famine state. Hopefully Carp brings it tomorrow night.

geeko

Today was harsh, but tomorrow is another day.

I expected a close baseball game and that's what we got in the end. What I didn't expect was the Niners debacle. That ruined the day for me.

bozeman

Not much activity in this thread during the game. Hopefully they weren't watching that blowout football game over this one.

As much as I'd like them to lose also, I think it would be more fun to see them win against SF, get to the series, and get pounded into jelly by the Tigers.

Dammit, I like the way you think. It won't be as delicious since most of the Cards were on last year's team, but whatever, I'll take their miserable expressions any way I can get them.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Just so some of you guys know, because I know you don't watch baseball during the regular season, FOX has been doing the Ump's Butt Cam for a while. It is truly atrocious video production.

bozeman

Just so some of you guys know, because I know you don't watch baseball during the regular season, FOX has been doing the Ump's Butt Cam for a while. It is truly atrocious video production.

Alright. I work Saturday afternoons so I usually don't see FOX games.

Top Bottom