• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Postseason Thread of More Wild Cards and Higher Champagne Budgets

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
How much longer will Bumgarder stay?

Edit:
2IXSX.jpg

Raziel

now seems like a good time to remind folks that the giants helped the cards clinch the wild card, the last couple of days of the season.

see5harp

Damn Mad Bum rocked. Terrible starting pitching from The Giants this postseason. I think I'm just going to go walk the dog. Worst Sunday ever.

jman2050

now seems like a good time to remind folks that the giants helped the cards clinch the wild card, the last couple of days of the season.

Remember which team with nothing to play for beat the Braves on the final day of the regular season last year to let the Cardinals into the playoffs?

The same team that was then immediately eliminated by them

Raziel

Remember which team with nothing to play for beat the Braves on the final day of the regular season last year to let the Cardinals into the playoffs?

The same team that was then immediately eliminated by them
fightin phils. heh thought i was the only one remembered that as well.

aFIGurANT

Ah man this panda guy is priceless with his knee guard all askew and giant panda head fans in the crowd. Finally a chubby SF slugger we don't have to be a little scared of.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
I hope the Padres make the NLCS next year so we can test the hypothesis of whether or not that team has any fans.

Branduil

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sport...lebrations-20121012,0,7574420.story?track=rss

As cameras captured the Giants’ wild celebration, Selig frowned.

“This is something I am not happy about: spraying champagne all over,” he said. “I’m not a fan of that.”

Would he like to put a stop to it?

“I don’t know that we can,” he said.

You’re the commissioner, he was reminded. Of course you could.

“We could,” he said. “I understand that. It is something I have talked to the clubs about and will continue to talk to the clubs about. You want to have great celebrations, fine. But spraying each other with champagne is not that.”

Bud Selig always tackles the tough, important issues of the day.

Afrikan

why did he swing at the first pitch??? *sigh* I would've rather him check his swing late and called for a strike than him following through when it was obvious not going to be a strike he was obviously expecting.

VRMN

They said that in 06, didn't they?

The Tigers and Cardinals are both very different teams now, but hubris against either St. Louis or the Giants is just asking for it. They're in the NLCS for a reason.

At the same time, so too are the Tigers. But I will take the Tigers' starting pitching against anyone in the world right now. Verlander is a far better pitcher than he was in 2006 and the rotation behind him is far deeper, the offense far more potent. Assuming they are pushovers is a mistake as well.

That said, counting chickens before they hatch. The Tigers are in an excellent position to get to the World Series, but they are not there yet.

Top Bottom