• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MLB - Official 2012 Postseason Thread of More Wild Cards and Higher Champagne Budgets

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
How bout that Wildcard game?
D5FU4.gif

Holliday's going to get blasted somewhere tomorrow for that. What dirty shit.
Should've done it in the late innings tonight. The guy's been on a .200/.286/.240 tear after the play-in game. Putting him on base will only help our chances.

Again, outside of last year's NLCS (and the WC game if that counts), Holliday has been putrid with the bat in the postseason for us. Add in the shoddy at best defense and he's probably a worse playoff performer than A-Rod.

LOL @ Old school sliding...

Times have change...25k fine for that slide now I bet

Does anyone know if Holliday was ever fined for the hit he put on Castro? Granted, it wasn't during a playoff game and Castro was okay. Still, this isn't the first time that Matt's done something like this.........

see5harp

I don't really care about the slide unless Scutaro is hurt and misses a game. That wasn't even close to behind a regular slide though, he went straight over the bag and put his knees into his body.

I'm not too sure about penning in a win for Detroit just yet. New York just played five days in a row, and their lineup, Cano in particular, has to be due to erupt by now. Feels like a trap game to me, but I'd love to be proven wrong.

turnbuckle

I'm not too sure about penning in a win for Detroit just yet. New York just played five days in a row, and their lineup, Cano in particular, has to be due to erupt by now. Feels like a trap game to me, but I'd love to be proven wrong.

Yup. I'm excited, but far from convinced that Detroit will win this game or series. Our bats haven't been doing much either, and although our starting pitching is good it'd be silly to think it should stay this dominant for long.

see5harp

I don't know. As bad as Oakland is at making contact and putting the ball into play, The Yankees seem even worse the last two series. It's one thing if Granderson is striking out at the bottom of the order, but even Jeter was looking pretty bad.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://espn.go.com/mlb/playoffs/201...cutaro-matt-holliday-takeout-slide-alter-nlcs

But are we certain that's the only way the Giants plan to respond to this brouhaha? Uhh, not quite. And one guy who definitely isn't so sure of that is a former Giants great by the name of Will Clark.

It was 24 years ago, you might remember, that a furious slide by Clark into then-Cardinals second baseman Jose Oquendo set off a legendary brawl between those two teams, a season after they'd met in the NLCS. Now Clark finds himself in uniform, serving as an unofficial Giants coach. And as he spun his view of Holliday's slide Monday night, he didn't exactly sound as if he was campaigning to win the next Nobel Peace Prize.

Clark described the Giants dugout as being "[ticked] off" by The Slide -- "as they should be."

"I think that's good," he said, pointedly. "It puts a lot more emotion into a series. And that's a good thing."

So does that mean this saga isn't over yet? Will Clark listened to that question and just smiled, like a man who knew a secret but wasn't ready to reveal it.

"We'll see," he said. "To be continued. … Game 3."

Lance Berkman said that he will not make a decision on his future until next February and will listen to offers.

"But if the best I get is the Mariners offering me $500,000, then no thanks," Berkman said.

Berkman made $12 million with the Cardinals in 2012. He will be 37 in February.

Lance Berkman said that he will not make a decision on his future until next February and will listen to offers.

"But if the best I get is the Mariners offering me $500,000, then no thanks," Berkman said.

Berkman made $12 million with the Cardinals in 2012. He will be 37 in February.

hahahahhhahahahahhhaha

So they're like a dormant volcano just waiting to erupt and kill people.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Yankees ALCS Game 3 lineup: Gardner LF, Ichiro RF, Teixeira 1B, Cano 2B, Ibanez DH, Martin C, Chavez 3B, Granderson CF, Nunez SS, Hughes P

Nice lineup. Liking the Yanks chances tonight.

Yankees ALCS Game 3 lineup: Gardner LF, Ichiro RF, Teixeira 1B, Cano 2B, Ibanez DH, Martin C, Chavez 3B, Granderson CF, Nunez SS, Hughes P

Nice lineup. Liking the Yanks chances tonight.

Wheres Arod? I would think with Jeter out they would have put him in hoping that he hits one out by accident.

eznark

Banned
All of a sudden Brewers are alledgedly in the running for Hamilton. I don't know what to think about this. Doesn't really seem like we need him; all outfield slots are competently filled. We need more bullpen arms than anything else.

Though I would like to bump into him during a bar crawl on Old World 3rd. He seems like a fun guy to party with!

I guess you've never partied with a recovering alcoholic. Depressing as fuck.

It would be funny to see him in CF I guess.

Game 3 lineup-

Gardner LF
Ichiro RF
Teixeira 1B
Cano 2B
Ibanez DH
Martin C
Chavez 3B
Granderson CF
Nunez SS

No Arod, wow. Girardi now putting Nunez, someone he never bats against RHP and has terrible defense, over Arod is insane.

cashman

Banned
I guess you've never partied with a recovering alcoholic. Depressing as fuck.

It would be funny to see him in CF I guess.
Josh Hamilton is known to party pretty hard

josh-hamilton-drunk-photos-1.jpg

custom_1251134864751_jhamiltoncream.jpg

josh-hamilton-drunk3.jpg

josh-hamilton-drunk-with-women-2.jpg

The activity started around 10:30pm during rock-star karaoke. Sequence of events:
1) Mr. Hamilton is standing in the stairwell that connects the front section to back section of Sherlock's.
2) Mr. Hamilton has a drink in hand and begins jamming in the stairwell to the karaoke music.
3) Mr. Hamilton is then approached by a very average looking woman.
4) They start slapping each others butts and making our near the stairwell area. At this point the Sherlock's manager is trying to block people from using their camera phones.
5) Mr. Hamilton and the woman make their way into the rear restroom area across from the pool table area near the patio.
6) Loud sexually oriented noise is emanating from within the men's restroom. Sherlock's manager is blocking the entrance to the restroom.
7) After about 5 minutes the woman exits the men's restroom. She seems to have a big smile on her face and her jaw is kind of dropped open. She returns to her table in the dining area.

8) Mr. Hamilton then exits the men's restroom and the Sherlock's manager apparently encourages him to leave.
9) Mr. Hamilton exits Sherlock's using the rear exit through the patio area, jumps over the small fence and gets in a pretty beat up 4 door Ford sedan and drives off.

Fox318

Game 3 lineup-

Gardner LF
Ichiro RF
Teixeira 1B
Cano 2B
Ibanez DH
Martin C
Chavez 3B
Granderson CF
Nunez SS

No Arod, wow. Girardi now putting Nunez, someone he never bats against RHP and has terrible defense, over Arod is insane.

Girardi is trying do do anything to spark the offence but I'm surprized that Arod isn't in the lineup.

Ultimately I think its the right move to bench him but I have no idea why Cano is batting clean up.

Top Bottom